Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2017 Model Mehham

Go Kart Mozart

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I can virtually guarantee the 2010 blocking will not appear this year. Hell even the magnitude after mid month is in question. That doesn't mean a lone storm can slide south...but Jesus...get help with the PTSD from that year. :lol: 

If you live in NNE it's a fact they will slide south of you at some point.  That's climo.  SNE is less likely to miss south, but every area has its "storms that miss" tracks.

Missing a storm to the south is one thing, but it's still better than rain.  The real kickers are the ones that miss south and still rain (see Feb 2010) lol.

I would be more leery of a huge west-based NAO block in an el nino season, when we have more of a STJ presence.

Tough to pull off whiffs when the N stream is dominant...sloppy phases are the most likely culprit in the latter scenario, and in that case, the system probably won't be particularly memorable for those in the zone of max impact, either.

nice tail end on that Euro run... wow.  prelude to a continental mauler ...  slow moving gulf tapped cut-off up underneath frozen thickness below 800 mb the whole way. 

seems as though the models are slowly moving toward a long duration ...something. overrunning

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I can virtually guarantee the 2010 blocking will not appear this year. Hell even the magnitude after mid month is in question. That doesn't mean a lone storm can slide south...but Jesus...get help with the PTSD from that year. :lol: 

Seems to me i have heard you refer to winter of 2012 a few times...............lol

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You once worried gradient is over Montreal. Now it’s better to be south of pike. We pivot our thoughts. 

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Always good to have 1,000 mile leeway to claim victory.

Lol...amazing how it just changes from day to day.  Soon as the modeling starts to look unfavorable, the gradient will be back up north again.

Archived