Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour
NJwx85

Major Hurricane Irma

5 minutes ago, mempho said:

Can't they make a sturdy weather station?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ummm...140mph debris filled air....you want to flip the bill for a 100% high grade titanium station??

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Ummm...140mph debris filled air....you want to flip the bill for a 100% high grade titanium station??

I don't think a titanium anemometer would even hold up to a 140mph impact with a dozen plus pound object.

• Like 1

The debris- didn't think about that!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just now, Crazy4Wx said:

One saving grace right now is that the NHC has Irma weakening from 185mph to 140mph on approach into FL.

Only due to uncertainty w/ PR & Cuba. Once that's figured out I doubt they'll show so much weakening.

1 minute ago, Mountain_Patch said:

Only due to uncertainty w/ PR & Cuba. Once that's figured out I doubt they'll show so much weakening.

Completely.

If it avoids the island-shredding, nothing but jetfuel and practically non-existent shear straight in to Florida.

Personally not buying the E shift lock-stock-and-barrell. I pray it's correct given all the data ingested. A wobble here and a wobble there...T(-)4D. There is no definite discernible scientific reason to conclude an outcome. Even if a Mathew track evolved this b**ch has a much larger wind-field combine that with a track just 10 miles to the W is huge. 
God I pray the E track is real. 12Z will just narrow the posts a little more, beware of that butterfly effect!    

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mountain_Patch said:

They specifically mentioned shear in the discussion. 

5 minutes ago, Modfan said:

What is the UKIE showing; I believe it had a good handle on Matthew last year hugging the FL East Coast

00z Ukie has Miami LF after it hits Cuba.

00z Ukie has Miami LF after it hits Cuba.

Ukie one of the last models with a Cuba hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk