Newest Member
    joxey
September 2017 Observation & Discussion Thread

dmillz25

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, bluewave said:

You know there is an historic heat pattern in place when ISP ties the record high on an E to NE flow in late September.

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 86 DEGREES WAS SET AT ISLIP NY TODAY. THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 86 SET IN 1998.

Too bad there is not a juicy front plowing into this airmass-some storms would be great-the hurricane and the subsidence around it probably screwed us.

2 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

Too bad there is not a juicy front plowing into this airmass-some storms would be great-the hurricane and the subsidence around it probably screwed us.

Some heavy downpours just missed a few miles to my north. Had views of towering CU the last few hours here.

14 hours ago, SACRUS said:

Guidance continues to show the cooldown 9/29 - 10/2 looks to be very temporary .

test8.gif

I'm interested in the pattern after next week's brief torch. With the Kara ridge, we should see the development of a -NAO block for the first time in a while. Additionally, looks like some height rises over NW Canada/AK should bring much cooler air into Canada. I'm expecting a more sustained cooldown starting around 10/10, leading to the first true autumn weather.

6 hours ago, nzucker said:

I'm interested in the pattern after next week's brief torch. With the Kara ridge, we should see the development of a -NAO block for the first time in a while. Additionally, looks like some height rises over NW Canada/AK should bring much cooler air into Canada. I'm expecting a more sustained cooldown starting around 10/10, leading to the first true autumn weather.

Hope you are right. I personally don’t see more 90s at this point, but mid 80s seem possible. April-Oct nowadays have warm-hot weather, so looking forward to a sustained cool down.

7 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

AN days seem to predominate for the next 45 day period, maybe at a 2 to 1 clip over BN days

Still CFS shows no BN month for the next 9 months., yet there is talk of a cold or normal winter around here.

Well the CFS is just a tool. The analysts here consider a lot of factors. 

46 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

AN days seem to predominate for the next 45 day period, maybe at a 2 to 1 clip over BN days

Still CFS shows no BN month for the next 9 months., yet there is talk of a cold or normal winter around here.

Who is talking about a cold winter? If I had money on it I would bet above normal every single time. The fact that the western trough is locking in again is definitly a sign of a way above normal winter. I think we still manage average snow fall though. As we have had a pretty epic stormy pattern the last 2 decades. I don't see the ending anytime soon.

One X factor will be the now below normal water temps off the coast from Jose and Maria

Archived