Newest Member
    joxey
The 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, olafminesaw said:

I know the 500 mb pattern has been shifting around, but the past 4-5 runs have had a MA landfall. Hard to totally discount consistency.

I haven't been impressed with the 500mb pattern since the 6z 1938 capture scenario. Now we're waiting for a stubborn troff to lift out or split in half. 

It's a 24 hour ravaging. I didn't think previous gfs runs could possibly be topped....lol

But do we want that? This is gonna make some mad, but I think I'm good with the Euro solution. I like power and modern living and stuff. Not saying anything against those who want it. I'm pretty neutral with this I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

But do we want that? This is gonna make some mad, but I think I'm good with the Euro solution. I like power and modern living and stuff. Not saying anything against those who want it. I'm pretty neutral with this I guess.

I'm with you. I can live with another 40 inch snowstorm. But screw a Cane up the bay into DC man. 

Would be epic though....but I feel you, I'm not trying to have trees crashing on my house and no power for a week....but then again it would be epic. 

Honeslty, no. I absolutely do not want that track. I have great insurance and all that but it would be a helluva clean up job in the yard and that isn't covered. I also have a beautiful beech and maple tree that would be terrible if they came down. But if something like the gfs runs really does happen I would be totally into it. Scared sh!tless but totally fascinated and full of adrenaline. 

Archived