powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Gotta love the NAM... drives ya crazy.

NYC area went from 2"+ QPF to under 1". 

Looks less at LGA/PHL/BOS to me ...

This run is impressive but it's not even a top 10 FRH grid from what I've seen from the FOUS over the years.

I've seen 3" liq equiv in 24 consecutive hours of 04 or 05 wind at 30 + kts on that sucker a few times ..which is some three times more powerful than what this thing's numbers are on that particular technology, at this hour.

Again, echoing my sentiments from earlier, the phase isn't good enough to make the grade.  As is in this run, this is a midland coastal storm per our hardened NE standards and not much more - this run is impressive, but the totals and wind fields and temps make it middle of the road. 

Things could change, particularly if this thing corrects toward more proficient phasing - but this run hasn't shown that happening. 

We'll see what the globals do - 

Just now, JC-CT said:

He's ridiculous. The NAM isn't coming west, it's always been west.

lol, kid has no clue. Nam actually sunk se a bit from the insane dryslot to PF runs. Anyway, you want the nam nw of you and gfs se with the goods. Anyone who doesnt see that should stop posting and learn more, the attention grabbing has gotten way overboard now. It was fun and cute for a while, now it's just being a troll. 

Just now, JBinStoughton said:

I think what's also attention grabbing is people who have to post pages of snowfall data, cutesy figures, poems, shopping lists, etc, as part of their signature so that everyone has to scroll through pages just to read a few posts. 

I will second that as well. But you can't see them on mobile.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Its not looked like a blockbuster for days, Its a good one though.

Timing is so critical when the flow is this fast...still well within the timeframe for a positive trend and better phase however. I think the risk is tilted towards better phasing going forward based on what OceanStwx has reported for obs in the PAC NW.

Just now, jbenedet said:

Timing is so critical when the flow is this fast...still well within the timeframe for a positive trend and better phase however. I think the risk is titled towards better phasing going forward based on what OceanStwx has reported for obs in the PAC NW.

The phasing is what could bump this one up a few notches, But it has been a few days since we have seen a full phaser

8 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Tip's put me in a downer mood, but he's right unfortunately. This is looking like a 1 in 2/3 year storm and not much more, by the last 10 years' standards of course.

We had a 12" storm in February, I think we got that number in like 8-10 hours. This one is looking like a 10-16" storm maybe 20" in localized spots in 10-14 hours. The wind is probably going to be impressive, but this storm will be nothing like the others from prior years. Yes disruptive on Tuesday, but most will be back to normal by mid to late Wednesday. I am excited, but would be nicer to see a stalled out 24 to 30 hour monster....

Archived