joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro mid levels are sweet for srn NY/NW CT/ernNY and into Berks...on northeast.

I'm also seeing signs of strong low level fronto/CF. Maybe not entirely all coastal front, but basically strong 950-850 fronto really helping with a band of precip just west of low track. If we see both of these features...then there may be a meso screw zone somewhere in between.  It's too early to get cute...but it's possible. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm also seeing signs of strong low level fronto/CF. Maybe not entirely all coastal front, but basically strong 950-850 fronto really helping with a band of precip just west of low track. If we see both of these features...then there may be a meso screw zone somewhere in between.  It's too early to get cute...but it's possible. 

There is pretty good consensus on a mid level band over the interior. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The NAM and even the GGEM sort of show that in their QPF outputs...mid-level banding max in central New England with another area right on the coastline near BOS to PVD.

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

70/30 usually is how it goes. 

As we always joke, gotta go to the SREFs for the good fix for western areas.

All the ARW members like we always joke about are like congrats SYR, while the NMB members are congrats BOS.

The mean finds the middle between SYR and BOS :lol:

SREF.jpg.8ac7ebe6af838debbc7a8aed91ab4fcc.jpg

Given their respective  shifts over the last 24-36 hours, the GFS and EC each get 'meh' grades with their handling of this system.  Too bad it's moving as quickly as it is.  The slower idea of prior days would surely be epic for many.

I may be stuck at home for this which would be a good thing IF that 700 track through central CT plays out.  Just the same, I think the winds up at Pit2 could be impressive.

Archived