joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, fact of the matter is, EJ mehs anything that isn't a borderline '93 superstorm in the winter and mehs severe that isn't the tri-state tornado set-up in spring/summer. It just rubs the wrong way sometimes. In a winter where a bunch of us are at an inch, a chance at 6-12 is nothing to sneeze at or meh on march 14. So the response from randy was pretty damn funny and was better than a whole series of "eff off" posts from people...

5 minutes ago, ohleary said:

Weather enthusiasts and weenies wouldn't understand, but most of the people serving the public in the NWS take their jobs seriously and actually care about and take pride in their work.  Plus they love what they do (the weather), so all that put together gives them a connection to their work that most people don't have with their jobs.  So when you come here and read so much nonsense and even face ridicule, it's not hard to get offended.

Having said that, I wasn't rubbed the wrong way by Randy's post but am not shocked that someone in that line of work could be.

Thank you. This is eloquently written. It's exactly how I feel. It's a sensitive topic and one I have expressed concern over since 2014.

It's obvious that I 95 will have some very slight mix issues throughout the storm, and that it is prudent to expect an inch of slush by Tuesday night. Mild oceanic air will affect the I 95 corridor on a steady southeast windflow. I however will be cheering on the Maryland contingent as they should eclipse a foot of new snow. Winter is NOT finished with us quite yet, we will see other snows this month.

1 minute ago, Jebman said:

It's obvious that I 95 will have some very slight mix issues throughout the storm, and that it is prudent to expect an inch of slush by Tuesday night. Mild oceanic air will affect the I 95 corridor on a steady southeast windflow. I however will be cheering on the Maryland contingent as they should eclipse a foot of new snow. Winter is NOT finished with us quite yet, we will see other snows this month.

Well according to the GFS at least my area east of 95 stays all snow and soundings back that up. You have to go a little further south like northern Calvert county and southern Maryland. 

2 minutes ago, Ltrain said:

The guy was not so nice to me last year and all I did was ask a couple questions. No one else I've asked was ever like that. I'm still waiting for the mix he guaranteed me during the blizzard of last year because it never happened. It's just not a coincidence that he rubs some people the wrong way. 

I get asked a lot of questions all day in my line of work. There is certainly a chance I rubbed you the wrong way. I apologize if I did. 

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

:(  I'm 5'3, 98 pounds and pretty frail,dude.    Whew, good thing you weren't saying let's fight!  I dodged that bullet!!  You can PM me pics though.  

That's close to my wife's features minus 15 pounds. It's a great physique,  nothing to be ashamed at :-)

7 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

Thank you. This is eloquently written. It's exactly how I feel. It's a sensitive topic and one I have expressed concern over since 2014.

I agree.  And if you replied to me in that same vain, we probably would have avoided 3 pages of tension and me making creepy homoerotic jokes.  

For that, you're buying.

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I agree.  And if you replied to me in that same vain, we probably would have avoided 3 pages of tension and me making creepy homoerotic jokes.  

For that, you're buying.

I honestly planned on buying anyways ;-). How does the Hamilton in DC off the metro center stop sound?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived