Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

3 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

My line of work (emergency management) you can't enjoy 6-10" of snow.  You'd in bed at 8on to be up for the 4am call where they hem and haw about closing school and government "well its snowed 8 inches, but its only 4:30 am.  Maybe the sun will come out at 6 and melt everything off."  Then you're in work at 7 putting in a normalday while everyone else is off.  The only time people like ERS and I can even slightly enjoy events are the big ones where you're cleaning up for a few days.  We don't take decisions lightly....tens of thousands of dollars are lost each day schools or government are closed.  So when we banter about "well the Euro and NAM are wrong, it'll be a big storm" folks like ERS groan on Facebook chat because we've seen these DC Fails time after time.  

Ok so once or twice a decade you are happy. You must be a blast to hang out with. Life of the party. If the meteorology thing falls through maybe you can get a job at the crisis hotline center. After talking with you for 5 minutes they won't think their life is that bad.  

And the NAM and euro sucked for totally different reasons. The NAM is over amped and the euro was under. Not to mention that the 4K and 3k NAM are much better. So putting them together to justify your position is weird at best. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, North Balti Zen said:

I have not posted in 24 hours choosing to skip the panic of yesterday, but wasn't even the "bad" euro last night a solid 8-10 across the area? For ****ssake, the trolling can be relentless.

Had to double check that as well. No, it is a solid run though it really puts DC/Balt into the risk of under achieving category because they are riding the rain/snow line. Just north and west we see 10+ to over a foot totals. 

1 minute ago, dailylurker said:

It's only 8:30 in the morning and Mappy is already fighting off worry warts and trollers. Gonna be a entertaining storm mode today lol. Lots of great info coming in overnight. Let's bring this one in today and get everyone a fun storm.

:lol: 

Just now, BristowWx said:

Mappy posts always make me smile.  She is trying to finish her coffee and we're like a bunch of unruly teenagers demanding breakfast and a ride to the movies.  

God damn kids! Get off my lawn, let me drink coffee in peace! 

Just now, snowfan said:

Soul? I don't even want to know. This place is crazy.

Yes, WW007, the reaper collecting the souls of poor saps who have jumped due to our crappy winter. I'm still hanging tough and he likes to remind me that he is watching for any sign of me walking towards the white light of failure. 

30 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Word. Now we just have that deck pic guy...

And what does that guy know?

25 minutes ago, mappy said:

Sorry guys.. I slept in a little. Hopefully I've stopped the bleeding before it became a major problem

I had an Irish coffee at dinner last night and had a jittery sleep all night.  Coffee again this morning and I feel like Kramer on speed.

Just now, stormtracker said:

I'm gonna let you handle folks, because you are much more diplomatic than I am.  

Well someone will need to be available for a little bit this morning. I have to deal with the grocery store. Ugh. 

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

And what does that guy know?

I had an Irish coffee at dinner last night and had a jittery sleep all night.  Coffee again this morning and I feel like Kramer on speed.

Time change def got me this morning. Saw 8am and groaned that I really needed to get up but didn't want to.

Just now, psuhoffman said:

The usual suspects are testing you again. Lol

Happy Sunday! 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived