Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Amazing to watch people see what they want to see in a model run.  I do it as well.

Im gonna roll with it....Given the upper level look, shouldn't the heaviest snow be over my house?

I was wondering what everybody was looking at...at least for us down here, it wasn't a super run

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

Listen,

My line of work (forecasting for Target parking lot) you can't enjoy 6-10" of snow.   You'd be in bed at 8pm to be up for the 4am call, when they hem and haw about should we call Mr. Plow or go on with the buy one get one free Axe Anarchy scent deodorant or the 10% off Menage a Trois red blend wine.   Maybe the sun will come out at 6 before Dave, the shift manager and stockboy Dylan (that pimply face kid who is grab ass with that smokin' hot cashier Kelly) come in to work.  And you know, she lets him too.  Dylan's not even that attractive.  Pretty sure he's giving her alcohol (Shock Top - on sale this week, 8.99).   Then you're in work at 7, drinking that nasty ass coffee from the satellite Starbucks that some Targets have.   Secret:  it's not really starbucks...it's Target generic **** (Up and Up).  I'm 99% sure they get their coffee beans from some hill in Jersey City, NJ.   The only time people like ERS and I can even slightly enjoy events are the big ones where you're shoveling and re-shoveling the sidewalks outside of DMV Target stores for HOURS.  We don't take decisions lightly......thens of thousands of dollars and coupons are lost each day as there are no kids in the store begging their parents for candy that Target puts in the cash register lines like evil geniuses.  No kids begging for that satellite pizza hut Target has by the door in an insidious attempt to rob you of your last bit of money you managed not to spend in the gd store.  So when we banter about "well the Euro and NAM are wrong, it'll be a big storm" folks like ERS groan on Facebook chat because we've seen these DC fails time after time AND I get excited and then angry when I realize that that hot chick Candy Mills in St Louis, MO who just friend requested me is a gd spam account.

This is a bunch of junk and irresponsible to the core. You guys haven't a clue the stresses that come along with the work we do inside emergency management circles and high level briefings. This is disrespectful and ignorant. We post on here to try and share our experiences and how it relates operationally. It adds value. 

1 minute ago, ers-wxman1 said:

This is a bunch of junk and irresponsible to the core. You guys haven't a clue the stresses that come along with the work we do inside emergency management circles and high level briefings. This is disrespectful and ignorant. We post on here to try and share our experiences and how it relates operationally. It adds value. 

Good Lord, are you always this uptight?  I was parodying EJ's puffery, NOT you.    Not one person said you didn't add value, geez. 

Do you all remember the days when the board tested out the +1 or -1 rating system for quality of posts? Any and all posts talking about less snow or a model looking less severe for a storm would receive like -79 in 30 seconds...

The rating system lasted about 3 days. Lol

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Good Lord, are you always this uptight?  I was parodying EJ's puffery, NOT you.    Not one person said you didn't add value, geez. 

EJ is a good friend of mine and we used to work together.  Your response is always the same..."why be so uptight, why this, why that".  That's how you interpret things. The comments are silly. 

1 minute ago, ers-wxman1 said:

EJ is a good friend of mine and we used to work together.  Your response is always the same..."why be so uptight, why this, why that".  That's how you interpret things. The comments are silly. 

It is, because I never responded to you that way.  But if you say so.  I'm going to quit now before you accuse me of "attacking" you.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived