Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I'm missing ****ting up the model thread with this.  But I don't mind meeting, that's fine.  Can we do all of this during the down time between 12z and 18z tho?

5 minutes ago, feloniousq said:

Someone apparently thinks now that because their boss is Trump that they have to act like him.

Seriously, ers, invent some story about your kid hacking your account. Toot sweet.

So it was you who hacked it?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Ok, so I misunderstood.  I don't mind being wrong.  But again..what exactly are we settling? I specifically told you that I wasn't attacking you nor was I saying you didn't add value with that post I made.

Don't forget there has to be some "correcting" done too.

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Ok, so I misunderstood.  I don't mind being wrong.  But again..what exactly are we settling? I specifically told you that I wasn't attacking you nor was I saying you didn't add value with that post I made.

I don't like comments that get posted as such. I have been alerting admins, board people since I joined. If you or anyone for that matter is going to make a parody like that it has to be understood that some will not see it or respond to it the way you might think. I personally did not find it funny. I don't ever go into banter or on the main forum or even in the sub forums and say anything about other poster's. Not even subtle hints because some don't particularly appreciate it.

Just now, ers-wxman1 said:

Late afternoon/early eve? Today?

Got brunch with Ian and Matt at 1:30 (by the way, somebody will need to do Euro pbp because we'll be eating and crying or eating and popping champagne). Free after that but I might be drunk if they have unlimited Bloody Mary's. I'm jus sayin

5 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

I don't like comments that get posted as such. I have been alerting admins, board people since I joined. If you or anyone for that matter is going to make a parody like that it has to be understood that some will not see it or respond to it the way you might think. I personally did not find it funny. I don't ever go into banter or on the main forum or even in the sub forums and say anything about other poster's. Not even subtle hints because some don't particularly appreciate it.

Talk to your bud EJ about that. The dude trolls constantly.

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Got brunch with Ian and Matt at 1:30 (by the way, somebody will need to do Euro pbp because we'll be eating and crying or eating and popping champagne). Free after that but I might be drunk if they have unlimited Bloody Mary's. I'm jus sayin

Euro won't be out until 230, so just eat quick and be ready.

I've learned that the level of anger a person rises to when challenged on an idea is directly proportional to their own level of insecurity relating to said idea.

If that is the case, the ers you need to do some self reflection based upon your reaction to Randy's joke.

Weather enthusiasts and weenies wouldn't understand, but most of the people serving the public in the NWS take their jobs seriously and actually care about and take pride in their work.  Plus they love what they do (the weather), so all that put together gives them a connection to their work that most people don't have with their jobs.  So when you come here and read so much nonsense and even face ridicule, it's not hard to get offended.

Having said that, I wasn't rubbed the wrong way by Randy's post but am not shocked that someone in that line of work could be.

1 minute ago, ohleary said:

Weather enthusiasts and weenies wouldn't understand, but most of the people serving the public in the NWS take their jobs seriously and actually care about and take pride in their work.  Plus they love what they do (the weather), so all that put together gives them a connection to their work that most people don't have with their jobs.  So when you come here and read so much nonsense and even face ridicule, it's not hard to get offended.

Having said that, I wasn't rubbed the wrong way by Randy's post but am not shocked that someone in that line of work could be.

This is a fair post.   I'll keep that in mind next time (and I'm being sincere, not sarcastic).  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived