• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
sbos_wx

Feb 9th Coastal Obs

A cluster of lightning strikes in the Brockton Braintree area, and a cluster in falmouth...and a few singular scattered east down rt 6 on the Cape. The dynamics

of this storm are amazing

9 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelius said:

Up to 1' now in Barre and still heavy dumpage

Wow, only 6-7" here.  You were riding in that intense band that stretched from SW Ct through Springfield and Keene. 

I've had hours of +SN so no complaints since this area was never a jack zone.    Poor snow growth also kept totals down a bit here as I mentioned earlier, fairly dense snow. 

Thank God I didn't come home.  The SAME situation of most storms for the past 5 years from the Blizzard of 2013 on is happening again.  The death band stays the Longest from the middle of CT through Worcester to SENH into Maine, and the other good stuff sacks SE Mass., while us in the middle get crumbs.  

Moreover the Death Band SHOULD be at the yellow line now, but has Pivoted over Worcester's head.  Will deserves it so I'm happy.  

There are strangely though THE MOST LIGHTNING reports I've ever heard AND THE MOST THUNDER reports I've ever heard... EVER, and they are coming from that very screw job region - Rhode Island.  

image.jpeg

...Working for a public works department, I'm hearing some crazy sh*t over the radio today.  

...People refusing to move their vehicles so that the plows can get through, a guy who just decided to shovel the middle of a busy street, and the latest, a guy snowboarding down the street ...Plow driver, "That guy looks to be cutting through about 14" of fresh powder".
lol.

10 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I'm on N AND. Line , the question is does this reposition itself over us , or is it SE

The band is right over us and just NW. What line are you on? Is it snowing heavy there too yet? I think it probably broadens kind of like it's doing now as it meets up with the precip feeding into it from the south. Hires models showing decent reflectivity over us until about 5pm. 

49 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

only weenies like us would do that!!

Made it back to Chelmsford from Exit 7 on Route 3 in Nashua.  Only saw 1 car off the road that had slid into the median near the MA state line.  Traffic is generally moving 40-45 mph except near the plow convoys.  They go about 30.  We seem to have dragged the death band south with us :)