Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

Much less for central Jersey this run .... obviously it's much warmer on this run. 

More amped also means warm. The front is delayed from making it through the Jersey shore. Also it's really banking on the large band in NE PA stretching along I-84 and kinda shafts SE of there. The NAM is pretty much on its own in doing this though. The evolution looks to fall apart a little as it pushes through. For most it would be a significant but not major event (outside the 50 mile wide band). 

2 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Much less for central Jersey this run .... obviously it's much warmer on this run. 

Help me out here....there's no real blocking right? So this means 3-6 inches would be a good storm and typical with a fast mover unless it was really intense....so expecting too much more than 8-10 would be unrealistic in our neck of the woods, no?

1 minute ago, mimillman said:

I continue to think the major problem for a large swath of us will be subsidence. Not saying it's necessarily us, but it's becoming clear that subsidence will majorly affect someone here.

I agree but the NAM is probably overdoing it along with the strength of the band it has-its a known bias, and the other models aren't doing this. I would expect snow amounts to be a little lighter in the band and a little higher outside it. I do think there will be relative max and min amounts, but not to the degree the NAM has. 

Just now, jm1220 said:

I agree but the NAM is probably overdoing it along with the strength of the band it has-its a known bias, and the other models aren't doing this. I would expect snow amounts to be a little lighter in the band and a little higher outside it. I do think there will be relative max and min amounts, but not to the degree the NAM has. 

OT...are you back in the area now? Always liked your posts.

Archived