Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
WxUSAF

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

The latest RAP gets really good winds down pretty low (looking at BUFKIT from PSU site)

I would never expect such a wind burst around here without precip.  Watch some of us get a coating behind this stuff. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

One would think NWS would consider changing the name of the warning to Severe Storm Warning as opposed to Severe Thunderstorm Warning. It always seems awkward when they issue one for storms which have very little chance of any T&L. 

There is no such thing in SAME coding. So it's either a severe tstm warning or no warning. 

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

Best severe event we'll have all year, coming up! 

Stole my comment. 

These kinds of storms always worry me though, got some large old deadish trees in the backyard. I've considered waking up the family for this but I think I'll get laughed at when it is inevitably gusty showers.

Just now, PaEasternWX said:

I agree with you. It is kind of odd that mt holly has 1 county in maryland in there area of responsibility 

Well they have all of the northern Eastern Shore, but yeah, it makes no sense for them to have 1 county west of the Bay...Cecil Countys forecasts are usually more like Baltimore than Phillys.

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Its pretty crazy out here. Seeing numerous blue tranformer explosions off on the distance. Fire engine sirens all over the place. I dont know how strong those gusts were. But i am guessing well over 60 mph. Most exciting event of the winter unfortunately.

Woah... stay safe

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Its pretty crazy out here. Seeing numerous blue tranformer explosions off on the distance. Fire engine sirens all over the place. I dont know how strong those gusts were. But i am guessing well over 60 mph. Most exciting event of the winter unfortunately.

Not very impressive out here.  Barely heard the wind.

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Damn it... might have wake the family up if we get warned.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived