• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Love Snow
    Newest Member
    Love Snow
WxUSAF

February Obs/Disco Thread

When does our wind kick in? I want to make sure I Jebwalk at the height. Question though. Should I wear ankle weights? I weigh 175 after the last beer...

:lol:

1 hour ago, Scraff said:

When does our wind kick in? I want to make sure I Jebwalk at the height. Question though. Should I wear ankle weights? I weigh 175 after the last beer...

Gusts into the 40's by 1am on the euro. 

8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Gusts into the 40's by 1am on the euro. 

You could Jeb walk in the wind and check the Euro at the same time on your phone.  Now that's living.  Would be better if we were 48 hours from a snow event...but you could pretend.  

2 hours ago, Scraff said:

Be cautious where you walk.  People killed by falling trees or limbs probably didn't think it could happen to them either.

3 hours ago, mitchnick said:

I'd be more concerned with the "wind" delays the water in Mexico may cause you for the trip back!   :yikes:

Ha that could definitely be an issue. I will be sure to stick to margaritas assuming my flight leaves and I actually make it there :lol:

10 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Wx, you seriously in Portland ? That pic from the storm?

I am and it is. If I can't get snow imby I'll find another one lol. Sitting around 5" right now. This was me (on a bus) trying to get through New Hampshire earlier this afternoon. 122.jpg

23 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

21/19 WC 10 SN+

Sorry y'all, I had to abandon you for the weekend. I'm up here in PWM jebwalking through the streets. Can't wait for tomorrow. 

121.JPG

I'm sorry about the rough situation you're in, but I think at this moment, a good snow chase was exactly what you needed. Hope you enjoy this one!

Just now, Fozz said:

I'm sorry about the rough situation you're in, but I think at this moment, a good snow chase was exactly what you needed. Hope you enjoy this one!

I think so too. It has given me a lot of time to think about my path forward, with none of the clutter of everything else. 

41 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

21/19 WC 10 SN+

Sorry y'all, I had to abandon you for the weekend. I'm up here in PWM jebwalking through the streets. Can't wait for tomorrow. 

121.JPG

That's awesome man! Give us plenty of updates.  I was close to pulling the trigger and driving there but didn't think I'd beat the storm up . Have fun . I've chased many times ...never ever disappointed.  

46 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

The NWS is severe warning the line of showers sliding towards us in PA for 60mph winds.

LWX issued a STW... may I ask why?  Plus they are calling the line "severe thunderstorms"... don't see much lightning with them...

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

LWX issued a STW... may I ask why?  Plus they are calling the line "severe thunderstorms"... don't see much lightning with them...

Because they qualify on winds and there is lightning with some of the line. Cmon, Yoda we've seen this before many times!

There is no "severe shower warning" ;)

1 minute ago, Kmlwx said:

Because they qualify on winds and there is lightning with some of the line. Cmon, Yoda we've seen this before many times!

I am pulling an Ian... they just look meh to me

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

LWX issued a STW... may I ask why?

The winds off the surface are impressive.  The showers have the ability to mix down to the surface.  60mph is warning territory.  You could argue that the HWW already covers it, but this would be a distinct event in duration.

I'm getting kind of worried about this line.   The HRRR shows it blasting through in a couple of hours.    it doesn't show the strong winds along the line as it rolls through, but it doesn't have the current strong winds either.

Is it just me, or does the line of showers seem to be "strengthening" some?  I am seeing yellows pop up on the line when playing the radar

5 minutes ago, yoda said:

Radarscope shows a few lightning strikes down by Cumberland... 

Well that's interesting.

3 minutes ago, high risk said:

I'm getting kind of worried about this line.   The HRRR shows it blasting through in a couple of hours.    it doesn't show the strong winds along the line as it rolls through, but it doesn't have the current strong winds either.

Worried for life and property or winds verifying? Serious question. :lol:

46 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

That's awesome man! Give us plenty of updates.  I was close to pulling the trigger and driving there but didn't think I'd beat the storm up . Have fun . I've chased many times ...never ever disappointed.  

This is my first time chasing anything. Plenty fun so far.

6 minutes ago, high risk said:

Is it because of the wind threat possibly being under played due to the models not showing it?