joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February banter thread

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it makes anybody feel any better down there I only hit half expectations way up north here. ECM GFS NAM UKMET RGEM HRRR SREFS GEFS EPS RPM JMA and the damn German model all Lucy'd me. Matter of fact the ECM after i landed flat on my back threw the ball and nailed me clear in the nuts.

33 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

This sucked, but I don't put it in the league of March 2013 or Boxing Day.  March 2013 will always live in infamy for me.

Yeah, this was a fail, not a bust for anywhere besides the northern tier of MD. No actual forecast was for more than 1" for you and me, despite what some snow maps showed.

3 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

Yeah, this was a fail, not a bust for anywhere besides the northern tier of MD. No actual forecast was for more than 1" for you and me, despite what some snow maps showed.

Agreed. It was well discussed and pretty much accepted that things trended towards being on the wrong side of a marginal event pretty much everywhere. The only semi surprise was how weak the back edge was. But that's pretty common too. For my yard, this one broke exactly as I expected 2 days ago. 

2 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

If its any consolation, to me personally the only thing worse than not being in the game is to be told that your gonna be in the game, and watch the game from the sidelines.  I know how these go, but have to say that the models tugged me "in" on this, and at the 18z's I started to get nervous.  25 miles N/W/NE of me....double/tripled what we got.  I'd say 2"...maybe 2.5.  Far cry from what was modeled here.  Shoulda known better, but my inner weenie got the best of me...lol.

Maybe the upcoming pattern get us all back in the game.  Until then....keep practicing.

Nut

39 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

For me it was March of 09.  Watching the local news out of DC showing nearly blizzard conditions while here there was only a stray flake or two.

Indeed.  That was a crusher.  I also put Feb 9, 2010 right there as well.  Seeing DC and Martinsburg getting another foot, and B-more getting 30" while I got 3" and spent most of that day with sunny skies was worse than Mattie G's nut-shot picture.

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Agreed. It was well discussed and pretty much accepted that things trended towards being on the wrong side of a marginal event pretty much everywhere. The only semi surprise was how weak the back edge was. But that's pretty common too. For my yard, this one broke exactly as I expected 2 days ago. 

Admittedly, I did think there was going to be a 1-3 hour period of light to moderate snow tv with perhaps a coating in Tysons. My thoughts were going into this that the models would have to completely bust to see literally nothing. So I do personally feel it was a bust even though I knew 48 hours ago that accumulation was probably not going to happen

I think DC folks should take some consolation in NE MD getting the screw job, not that I'd actually want people to miss out on snow, but if 30 miles to my north got 6 inches and I got nothing that would hurt a lot worse for sure. Especially this winter. Knowing that we all shared the misery is not so bad.

3 minutes ago, RidingTheModelWithMostSnow said:

Yep in the Winter of 2017-2018

This winter has felt like the Cleveland Browns ever since they have come back to the NFL.  A couple glimmers of hope but nothing ever working out.

Like a phoenix, rising from the ashes?  And this winter quite literally has been burned to ashes for sure!

I LOL'ed at your Cleveland Browns comment...being a native of that area (and fan)!  So true, and that's what they get with lousy front-office management.  I think they had one good season since coming back.  This year, I was seriously rooting for them to shoot the moon and go 0-16, but they had to go and win a game! :lol:

Really hard to take this event seriously when it was 65-70 the day before.  It can happen but I don't remember the last time an event like that worked out for us especially one that was coming from the west (i guess this was a hybrid a/b, not sure) instead of a legit nor'easter from the south etc.  We don't do rain to snow well or clippers.  We generally suck in and around the cities at those 2 scenarios and this was about as bad of a setup as it gets.  Precip ahead of the cold.  Next.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived