Newest Member
    joxey
February banter thread

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I'm glad I'm not an Atlanta fan.  And I thought the Cowboys loss to GB was the biggest heartbreaker ever.

Odd to say, but I think the pick 6 was probably the worst thing that could have happened. Put the defense right back on the field, and the Atlanta O pretty much disappeared after that, other than one drive.

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Perhaps extreme lowland southern New England, but I'd wager someplace like southern Mass is a good bit colder on avg than your location.  5 degrees avg is a bid deal when it comes to snowcover.

They might keep snowcover slightly longer but they get coastal fronts and rain a lot right on the coast. Now go just inland and up at all and it's not even close. I saw a map once of days with snowcover and I'm about on par with southern CT through extreme southeast Mass. So like I said southern New England. I get slightly less on avg then Hartford but honestly would rather be here, we get way more big 20"+ snows then Hartford.  We're actually one of the best spots for those on the east coast. 

In a normal winter I hold snow up here pretty good. Definitely not on par with inland central or northern New England but definitely on the level with coastal New England south of Boston. 

43 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

In a normal winter I hold snow up here pretty good. Definitely not on par with inland central or northern New England but definitely on the level with coastal New England south of Boston. 

Careful man. Keep posting like this and the 30 acre lot next door will be bought by a pats fan transplant and you'll be rehashing the superbowl with them for every remaining hour you're alive on this planet and maybe even afterlife. 

28 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Careful man. Keep posting like this and the 30 acre lot next door will be bought by a pats fan transplant and you'll be rehashing the superbowl with them for every remaining hour you're alive on this planet and maybe even afterlife. 

I'm not having any luck this year either so nothing to be envious of.  

8 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I recorded the game...I put my life savings on the Falcons...nobody tell me who won please...can't wait to find out I'm rich!!

I'm in the dark as well.  Went to bed and didnt' know who won.  The internet and news has been oddly quiet this morning saying who won.  Its like they are purposely keeping the info to themselves and not letting other know.

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

I'm in the dark as well.  Went to bed and didnt' know who won.  The internet and news has been oddly quiet this morning saying who won.  Its like they are purposely keeping the info to themselves and not letting other know.

Good thing Dave has been silent on FB 

9 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Spent the weekend ripping bushes out, cutting beds and working on soil conditioning.  Took a break last night and we ordered our first round of seeds.  Really excited to paint this blank canvas that's our first garden.

2017Seeds.PNG

Amish Paste are great tomatoes. I've had a few plants each of the last couple years and they've produced really well.

I can't, for the life of me, seem to be able to get beets to grow well though. Plenty of leaves, but just little spindly roots. Pretty sure it's not too much nitrogen, so it might be a spacing issue.

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

Amish Paste are great tomatoes. I've had a few plants each of the last couple years and they've produced really well.

I can't, for the life of me, seem to be able to get beets to grow well though. Plenty of leaves, but just little spindly roots. Pretty sure it's not too much nitrogen, so it might be a spacing issue.

I grew beets last year. Best crop I've had yield anything for me (other than cucumbers). Giant beets, that were delicious. 

4 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Might want to consider adding phosphorus to the soil. It helps to promote root growth. Bone meal is one option.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived