Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem II!

SR Airglow

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bostonseminole said:

looks like the sierra mts  are going to get smoked..

With rain......IDK thicknesses don't look great under the Pineapple Express as usual......but that's a hell of a lot of water wrung out west slopes.....New Years Day 1997 Redux......I was there.....lol

6 hours ago, ice1972 said:

With rain......IDK thicknesses don't look great under the Pineapple Express as usual......but that's a hell of a lot of water wrung out west slopes.....New Years Day 1997 Redux......I was there.....lol

Rain at 8,000 feet isn't too common.  And the lower level of thicknesses is below ground in the sierras-just saying.  I was at June lake once with a similar systeml. 30 inches in 6 hours fell.

edit:  I just checked the euro.  It's snow at the sierra ski areas...snow and gobs of it.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Rain at 8,000 feet isn't too common.  And the lower level of thicknesses is below ground in the sierras-just saying.  I was at June lake once with a similar systeml. 30 inches in 6 hours fell.

edit:  I just checked the euro.  It's snow at the sierra sky areas...snow and gobs of it.

Some of the ski areas may end up with 6-8 feet of snow over the next 72-84 hours. 

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

edit:  I just checked the euro.  It's snow at the sierra sky areas...snow and gobs of it.

Good point.....I forgot about that......anyway I should have just checked the discussion out of Reno......man I would love to be up there right now.....gobs and gobs.....

As I think someone, maybe Tip, mentioned a couple days ago - the baroclinic zone is pushed offshore by the first wave with very little time to recover.

There is a little bit of northern energy that tries to phase way too late...other than that, the trough is just too far east on all the guidance I've looked at.

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

As I think someone, maybe Tip, mentioned a couple days ago - the baroclinic zone is pushed offshore by the first wave with very little time to recover.

There is a little bit of northern energy that tries to phase way too late...other than that, the trough is just too far east on all the guidance I've looked at.

Yea I am not expecting anything much from either. 

7 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Correct.  We'll need a bit sharper trough and help from that GL s/w to bring it up the the coast.

Fridays storm looks like a miss right now too.

Archived