Newest Member
    Toothache
Model Mayhem II!

SR Airglow

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If there's another positive going forward, it is that the storm tries to happen during a period of amplifying PNA ridge out west rather than one that is deamplifying...I like the look better usually when a ridge is amplifying as it will help any s/w sharpen up.

Yeah heights trended higher and the axis was a bit further west. That's another important feature.

4 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

It has >1" from WST-EWB-PYM out to the Cape... with 2+ MVY and ACK.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If you include south and east of the Pike. Find some ways for this to succeed .. not fail 

Right, so that would be 0-2" for SNE.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Inside 495 including you.  At least high end advisory given duration as depicted and depth of cold.

Might be stretching it...though admittedly it is a decent setup for high ratio fluff being on the cold side of the tightly packed thickness gradient with an arctic airmass intruding in. Probably a really good setup for the south shore to get a bit of enhancement though.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Might be stretching it...though admittedly it is a decent setup for high ratio fluff being on the cold side of the tightly packed thickness gradient with an arctic airmass intruding in. Probably a really good setup for the south shore to get a bit of enhancement though.

Yeah, I did not think warning up this way, right now I think 2-4" is likely, hopefully more but not that excited about it.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I'd rather forgo the ots Sunday for a few inches Fri. But you are right .. it might not happen 

Sunday is gaining some mojo...that's the one I'd watch. Decent chance we have flakage on Friday but it's not gonna amount to much of anything.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sunday is gaining some mojo...that's the one I'd watch. Decent chance we have flakage on Friday but it's not gonna amount to much of anything.

Hope so. I still think Fri was the better shot . I'd rather 1-3 of certainty than a chance of 2 wide rights where the cape gets snow and no one else does. But hopefully the positives continue 

Archived