Newest Member
    Toothache
Model Mayhem II!

SR Airglow

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, unless anyone verifies within that range, you're wrong.

Actually, he's arguing an unfalsifiable hypothesis. Saying something looked good a couple days ago can't be disproven by verification.

I would argue that the Friday event def looked better yesterday, though I would say 3-6" is an exaggeration.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Actually, he's arguing an unfalsifiable hypothesis. Saying something looked good a couple days ago can't be disproven by verification.

I would argue that the Friday event def looked better yesterday, though I would say 3-6" is an exaggeration.

Thank you. If 00z doesn't show some bigger movements west.. Jbenedict won't need to start the thread 

45 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don't think 3-6 was was a high probability anywhere with this threat. 

So it's wrong.

Betting against it has been validated.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't think 3-6 was was a high probability anywhere with this threat. 

So it's wrong.

Betting against it has been validated.

Right, assuming it actually doesn't snow 3-6 on Friday....but saying it looked good a couple days ago isn't invalid or valid based on what happens on Friday. That's based on what models looked like a couple days ago and has a level of subjectivity to it. Two different arguments...and yes, it's really pointless to argue much about it. It's classic Kevin though.

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Right, assuming it actually doesn't snow 3-6 on Friday....but saying it looked good a couple days ago isn't invalid or valid based on what happens on Friday. That's based on what models looked like a couple days ago and has a level of subjectivity to it. Two different arguments...and yes, it's really pointless to argue much about it. It's classic Kevin though.

The point is.. Sunday always was the long shot. Fri looked good yesterday which was 4 days out. Sunday looks bad and it's 5 days out. Whether Fri was 1-3 or 3-6 .. it always had the better chance since we knew both weren't happening. So instead it appears we lose both unless you are James 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The point is.. Sunday always was the long shot. Fri looked good yesterday which was 4 days out. Sunday looks bad and it's 5 days out. Whether Fri was 1-3 or 3-6 .. it always had the better chance since we knew both weren't happening. So instead it appears we lose both unless you are James 

I can't wait to bump this when wsw region wide are issued.

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I can't wait to bump this when wsw region wide are issued.

Seriously. It isn't going to take much to get at least SE areas in the game for something significant. Granted... he needs more work than areas to the east... but I guess we'll see.

Friday is looking like crap so no reason to not root for Sunday at this point 

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Friday looked okay yesterday, I wouldn't say it looked "good"...but that is a subjective term. Friday never actually had more than about 2-4" for SNE...and it was mostly eastern regions. Yeah it had started trending better, but that trend abruptly halted.

Now Sunday is trending better, but it still has work to do. Sunday is actually hitting eastern areas on some guidance harder than Friday ever was. There's some runs with 4-6" SE of BOS-PVD.

Archived