Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

Sure, the GFS and CMC are different, but they both have an absolutely behemoth of a blowtorch for Christmas Eve and Day (especially day as of 12z). I don't think there's a way around that. We've been getting a run here and there that throw us a bone but I think that SER will persist (it's been modeled strong more often than weak) and would expect the EURO to revert back to a warmer solution today and beyond.

And thar she blows. EURO is a warm, wet lump of coal on Christmas Day. That'll get ya in the spirit!

30 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

And thar she blows. EURO is a warm, wet lump of coal on Christmas Day. That'll get ya in the spirit!

EURO dumps the surface high South into the Rockies and bogs down out there which causesl a bleedover effect into the SE eventually and we all know how that tends to work out.

ecmwf_z500_noram_198.png

30 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

EURO dumps the surface high South into the Rockies and bogs down out there which causesl a bleedover effect into the SE eventually and we all know how that tends to work out.

ecmwf_z500_noram_198.png

1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

What a dumpster fire of runs today! It's always great when the cold dumps down the Rockies! It'll bleed into SE by mid January! Guess the -EPO magical unicorn, just took a dump on our Christmas holidays!

Exactly! EPO is useless with the PNA neutral or slightly negative! What a dumpster fire!

21 minutes ago, packbacker said:

What the heck...hard to imagine these are the two best models and are so different.  

gefs_z500_anom_nh_186.pngeps_z500a_nh_192.png

Over on the MA thread there is talk that Bastardi and DT (whoever that is) are pooh-poohing the 18z GFS.  EPS is apparently still showing a cool (but dry) Xmas day.  Hope is not completely lost, but the situation does feel a bit grim.   

1 hour ago, Orangeburgwx said:

What I find amazing is the ENTIRE CONUS being above normal this time of year

57164950-061B-4E89-98BA-E317C370D62D.jpeg

That is impressive.  Seems like you never see that in the other direction.  Would be a good time to be up in the Canadian praries.  Their normals are frigid this time of year, so if they are 8 -10 F below, things will be brisk baby.

3 things:

1) once I logged in I think all my glitches are gone on mobile.  Anyone else still having issues?

2) this thread is now a full year old!  281 pages baby!  When I logged in it started me at the beginning of the thread so I got to read 12 month old complaints about December weather.  Lol.

3) stay positive folks!  We are only 4 days away from winter solstice....and then our sun angle starts getting higher again!!

The Grinch is grinching all over our holiday week.  

27 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Over on the MA thread there is talk that Bastardi and DT (whoever that is) are pooh-poohing the 18z GFS.  EPS is apparently still showing a cool (but dry) Xmas day.  Hope is not completely lost, but the situation does feel a bit grim.   

DT is Dave Tolleris. He is an agriculture and energy meteorologist. He has a Facebook page and website called WxRisk. He's pretty good with forcasting. He just has a bit of an attitude and acts like a recalcitrant child at times.

34 minutes ago, tramadoc said:

DT is Dave Tolleris. He is an agriculture and energy meteorologist. He has a Facebook page and website called WxRisk. He's pretty good with forcasting. He just has a bit of an attitude and acts like a recalcitrant child at times.

Thank you, tramadoc.

Yeah not look good right now for Christmas. Most models showing the SER owning the show. Just looked at the Canadian and it would have widespread 60s and 70s across the SE. The JMA still shows a cool look but doesn't have much support. Still a couple of more days to see if things can trend better but it needs to start looking better soon. 

3 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Yeah not look good right now for Christmas. Most models showing the SER owning the show. Just looked at the Canadian and it would have widespread 60s and 70s across the SE. The JMA still shows a cool look but doesn't have much support. Still a couple of more days to see if things can trend better but it needs to start looking better soon. 

I still doubt a real warm Christmas, And wouldn't be at all surprised if we end up with a CAD event give or take a day either side of Christmas!!!  Merry Christmas and a nice CAD event!!! :shiver:  :raining: or :snowman: = Ice?  :unsure:

Archived