Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Sadly it’s looks like we will have some shots of cold at the least. Here is what the 850 temps look like a couple of days prior to a few of our biggest nina snows. Need the cold to press a little more.   Probably more of an icy pattern but maybe something frozen would be good. 

9I0CypD.gif

I mean with basically the polar vortex I've WVA, I think we'd be plenty cold IF something comes out of the southern stream! Would suck for Savannah to score a snow before RAH! :(

I love how Joe slowly moves the finish line and still claims he is right. He was saying south and east. Not to say his original premise can't be right, but he is starting to waiver.

"The PATTERN Favors what https://t.co/kvqB5rsu2Z has been saying. The coldest last 10 days of the year for the nation, centered in the heartland, since 2000."

4 minutes ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

Those dates are for the past few days?? What are you implying?

These super cold model runs have no real basis.. yeah there may be a western N America ridge, but the cold air isn't there. The other day, NYC had a record 500mb low, -540 or something.. the surface was -13. 

31 minutes ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

Meh, the Euro hasn't weighed in yet. I won't start to worry until both models are a torches inside 84 hours. Still too far out to start looking for the cliff.

I am a casual lurker here, with no model chops, but I closely follow you guys' discussions.  Of the big three models (GFS, euro, GEM) and their ensembles (GEFS, EPS, GEPS), I am under the impression that they all forsee Christmas doom for us.  If I am wrong, please somebody let me know.  I need some cheering up right now.

(I had heard that the EPS was the last holdout, but now it has caved).

1 minute ago, cbmclean said:

I am a casual lurker here, with no model chops, but I closely follow you guys' discussions.  Of the big three models (GFS, euro, GEM) and their ensembles (GEFS, EPS, GEPS), I am under the impression that they all forsee Christmas doom for us.  If I am wrong, please somebody let me know.  I need some cheering up right now.

Timing. Yes Christmas day itself could miss the cold coming by 36 or so hours, but then again it may make the cut by 36. It will be AN next weekend without any clouds or rain,wedge. Cold will be pouring  into the conus and spilling our way. We will be BN to possibly much BN most of the last week of DEC and most likely dry as well.

4 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Last night's Euro has the cold coming in on Christmas Day.

11 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

This model should probably be thrown out lol 

It’s awful.  All of these idiot models show super, overwhelmingly ridiculous cold patterns in the LR that never materialize, winter after winter.  They don’t show warmth of the same magnitude nearly as frequently in the LR as the cold they show.

I don’t know why that is, but they just need to hard code the models to modify air masses beyond 144 by an exponentially increasing amount through the end of their runs.  Same for decreasing high pressures.

2 hours ago, HKY_WX said:

Exciting pattern, some late Jan/early Feb 96 parallels w the pv into the dakatos. This really is a good pattern for  overrunning w cad. Aka ice ice baby. 

You are no fun.  Sure you don't want to play? I was thinking more along an A/B hybrid. March and Dec of 1960.Jan 96 Jan10 rings a bell. 

Archived