• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

Well best of luck to all the coastal peeps, to be sure, they don't get a lot of chances, especially below Wilmington. Gotta say though, it will be tough to swallow, for us piedmont peeps, to get skipped on two storms so far. Many to my West and SW got the big one last time and many to my East and SE May get this one. I know there is a lot of winter left but we won't be cold forever and the piedmont would like some snow too please...

...ok, Mother Nature?

10 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Well best of luck to all the coastal peeps, to be sure, they don't get a lot of chances, especially below Wilmington. Gotta say though, it will be tough to swallow, for us piedmont peeps, to get skipped on two storms so far. Many to my West and SW got the big one last time and many to my East and SE May get this one. I know there is a lot of winter left but we won't be cold forever and the piedmont would like some snow too please...

...ok, Mother Nature?

CFS's got you fam! Gonna be a Jammin' January! :lol: 

CFS JAN 18.png

1 minute ago, mackerel_sky said:

The pattern is loaded!! Like a diaper! :( No way we get 3-4 weeks of 30/40s highs, and not score! It's impossible!!!

I'm with Mack, the only loaded I'm interested in is how much beer I can drink and I'll try not to kill myself with fireworks! Oh it's possible just look at the last week! 0-3! Reminds me of Shaq shooting free throws! 

• Sad 1

you guys all act like winter is over after this week or something......missing out this week doesnt mean there wont be other chances down the road.....though the cold will need some time to reload and a mid Jan warm up will happen. Then its a matter of waiting to see if the cold dumps south again around late Jan into Feb for another few weeks of cold and snow chances....

There is no need for people to take regional desires personally, in the storm thread. Of course, Raleigh- and Charlotte-area posters are looking for any hint that the storm may throw precipitation further back inland. This would probably mean that the beaches get rain, but it doesn't mean that Raleigh and Charlotte hate the people who live at the beach.

Those who live at the beach have very little desire to see this trend NW much at all: they are content with where we stand. It doesn't mean that they relish seeing Charlotte and Raleigh miss out on snow and that they secretly thrive off dashing their dreams. Each area naturally wants snow more for their backyards than for any other location. It is what is. Accept it.

If you want more people to post about impacts in your backyard, then look in the mirror and step to the plate. We have a few posters who are very good at addressing board-wide effects, but most people (again) naturally post about weather that affects their backyards. (Your other option is to find some knowledgeable locals and convince them to join this board and share their insights.)

As for me, I'm hoping for a mega-phase with an LP consolidation in the northern GOM that progresses right up the SE coast. Hello, foot of snow IMBY! Of course, that is so incredibly unlikely with this current system that there's really no point in discussing that option in the storm thread. It doesn't mean I won't stop hoping, though. (It also doesn't mean I dislike all you posters east of me.) Hope springs eternal...

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

• Like 3