Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

19 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

Looks like it will be Mack and me in this thread soon. One day Mack. One day. 

Yeah, everybody high fiving with the NAM runs! I even got excited for a moment, but then realized it was the NAM and a coastal storm , which equals 0 for us! Don't worry, we will get plenty of rain when the warm up hits!

Just now, mackerel_sky said:

Yeah, everybody high diving with the NAM runs! I even got excited for a moment, but then realized it was the NAM and a coastal storm , which equals 0 for us! Don't worry, we will get plenty of rain when the warm up hits!

LOL...I know, we need another model to show this...besides the NAM's and it's cousins (SREF's).  But, it's pretty to look at.

refcmp_ptype.us_ma.png

• Like 2

Just now, mackerel_sky said:

About 30 minutes from being reversed NAM'd , or GFS'd , if you will

Well RGEM is coming in with a later phase then the NAM's.  But, it's closer then it's previous runs.  Looks really close to the 6zGFS actually.   But it's fractions away from the NAM's.   NAM's at 48 is neutral almost negative and RGEM is neutral almost positive.

18 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Yeah, everybody high fiving with the NAM runs! I even got excited for a moment, but then realized it was the NAM and a coastal storm , which equals 0 for us! Don't worry, we will get plenty of rain when the warm up hits!

It’s painful to watch people starting off their 2018 hugging the NAM. It’s going to be a long year for some. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cmh90 said:

Without a doubt in my mind if there is a chance that this precip will fall as as ZR or Sleet then that is exactly what will happen. There is something about the Pamlico river that screws with the weather. I’m trying not to get my hopes up. 

Maybe all the cold we've had will keep water temps (and soil temps) down enough to help y'all out.

3 hours ago, packbacker said:

Can't help but laugh....Raleigh's snow shield even works on fantasy NAM snow now.  

snku_acc.us_ma.png

Long time lurker but living in Raleigh is rough when it comes to winter.  We seem to never be far enough west and now we’re not far enough east.  I’m going to be super selfish here but if the coast gets more snow in one day than we have had in several years I’m going to lose it.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, snowinnc said:

Long time lurker but living in Raleigh is rough when it comes to winter.  We seem to never be far enough west and now we’re not far enough east.  I’m going to be super selfish here but if the coast gets more snow in one day than we have had in several years I’m going to lose it.  

You should just go off!  You know how it’s gonna turn out already. :(

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

You should just go off!  You know how it’s gonna turn out already. :(

Yep...no way the Euro busts this bad.  Well it did bust a few weeks ago and last January...both shifted way west inside 48.  Guess we have to watch for another day.  I hope the NAM’s are a whiff.  

3 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Yep...no way the Euro busts this bad.  Well it did bust a few weeks ago and last January...both shifted way west inside 48.  Guess we have to watch for another day.  I hope the NAM’s are a whiff.  

Hmmmmmmm , who am I going to believe: Packbacker or Allan Huffman?? Tough call! SMDH