• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

I'm getting my hopes up for wintry weather and I live in Florida.  This is going to end well.  Ugh.  What's weird is that I need a bit of a NW trend (or just take the NAM/RGEM).

Unfortunately,  I can't just say "next" down here since the next legitimate threat might not happen again for years...not that I'll necessarily live here that long.

• Like 1

Begin vent.....I swear these main event threads are almost unreadable.  So many weenies / newbies that post uneducated rubbish and keep those of us trying to learn spending more time blocking them than reading well thought out posts from our mets on the board.  

C'mon folks....banter and obs threads....post away!!  Main threads, ask thoughtful questions, contribute with facts or please just stop posting and learn!!  Venting over.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

I'm getting my hopes up for wintry weather and I live in Florida.  This is going to end well.  Ugh.  What's weird is that I need a bit of a NW trend (or just take the NAM/RGEM).

Unfortunately,  I can't just say "next" down here since the next legitimate threat might not happen again for years...not that I'll necessarily live here that long.

Enjoy your time in Tallahassee - the FL Panhandle is great - you are <90 min from the best beaches in the country (IMO much better than any beaches in NC/SC) - drive a little further west and you will reach my retirement spot, 30-A!

2 hours ago, packbacker said:

Flurries sounds good to me.  Or this might work out too...LOL.  If I get 2" out of this I will tattoo Mack rocks on my forehead.

snku_acc.us_ma.png

Man, that cutoff in Forsyth County is eerily similar to the Carolina Crusher.  If I recall correctly, we got around 6" in Kernersville, and people in Clemmons got a an inch, and then people in Yadkin just saw some token flakes, making that map above pretty close, just need to shift west about 25 more miles and it'd be almost spot on.  Add in central east parts of SC catches a beating with this one, and it'd be one for the record books. 

I really want to believe the Nam is onto it, but seriously, how many times have we seen this from that model?  If some other real/legit models came in line, I’d be more inclined to buy in.

How did the 18z Navgem and CMC and JMA turn out?  Anyone know?  And we haven’t heard anything from the Swiss.  Are they still with us?

30 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

I really want to believe the Nam is onto it, but seriously, how many times have we seen this from that model?  If some other real/legit models came in line, I’d be more inclined to buy in.

How did the 18z Navgem and CMC and JMA turn out?  Anyone know?  And we haven’t heard anything from the Swiss.  Are they still with us?

When have we had a well-organized storm not trend NW? How many times have we watched a snow band that was supposed be over or even east of the Triangle end up well to the NW? Too many times. The times we end up with way SE are when we have a weak, strung-out storm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WidreMann said:

When have we had a well-organized storm not trend NW? How many times have we watched a snow band that was supposed be over or even east of the Triangle end up well to the NW? Too many times. The times we end up with way SE are when we have a weak, strung-out storm.

I hear you.  And I’m with you in theory.  Now, let’s see it.

38 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

No way the 0z NAM duplicates its 18z run. Going to be east.

I will buy into the NAM's tonight if they show what they showed at 12z for the 12km NAM and at 12/18z on the 3km NAM.  

The 21z SREF's ticked east some.  The ARW members really backed off quite a bit...has 2-3" mean for RDU with 6"+ for NE NC.  The NMB member mean actually went up quite a bit but the spread increased....it has 7 big members and 5 complete whiffs for all the Carolina's.

What I still don't get is the GEFS/GEPS are very close in there member plot but GEPS has much more precip further west.   Shift these 50 more miles that would be a pretty good look with 980-990 SLP's.  

gfs-ememb_lowlocs_us_11.png

gem-ememb_lowlocs_us_11.png

• Like 1