Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

13 hours ago, DopplerWx said:

glad i saw my 5" of snow a few weeks ago in nyc, makes it a lot easier to watch these storm threats disappear.

I sure am glad I saw that big snow a few weeks ago too. Also got to see about an hour and a half of snow/sleet Wednesday  in gainesville...(didn't plan on being here but had to due to an emergency ) because Seeing the models showing these pretty big systems vanish with all this cold has been very frustrating but without that snow I'd be extra pissed off right now lol. 

3 minutes ago, Lookout said:

I sure am glad I saw that big snow a few weeks ago too. Also got to see about an hour and a half of snow/sleet Wednesday  in gainesville...(didn't plan on being here but had to due to an emergency ) because Seeing the models showing these pretty big systems vanish with all this cold has been very frustrating but without that snow I'd be extra pissed off right now lol. 

Same here. We got like 3 or 4 winters worth of snow in about 24 hours. Now watch us go 3-4 winters with nothing. THAT would REALLY suck.

Just now, packbacker said:

Been almost 3 years since Raleigh’s last snow.  I got 4” and I think ColdRain got fringed.  accum.20150226.png

I can't remember the last time I got over 5" of snow.  Maybe 12/2010?  Growing up in Cary, it seemed like we got a good storm every year.  We can't buy one these days.

• Like 1

I got dibs on the next storm thread!  Day 10-12 definitely a signal for an AppsRubber...EPO is still negative, we have lost the bloody Cali ridge and and we have an atlantic ridge now.  That will help amplify waves and hopefully stop them from accelerating off the coast.  Always a good sign to see California wet with a strong EPO/AO block.

gfs-ens_z500aMean_nhem_9.png

gfs-ens_apcpn_us_50.png

16 hours ago, Orangeburgwx said:

“Too cold to snow” huh?...

go tell that to Antarctica, Russia, Canada, Serbia, and any tall mountain range like the Rockies, Alps, and Himalayas.

Just for fun let me tell you the average snowfall for Antartica is less than Greensboro, NC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, packbacker said:

I got dibs on the next storm thread!  Day 10-12 definitely a signal for an AppsRubber...EPO is still negative, we have lost the bloody Cali ridge and and we have an atlantic ridge now.  That will help amplify waves and hopefully stop them from accelerating off the coast.  Always a good sign to see California wet with a strong EPO/AO block.

gfs-ens_z500aMean_nhem_9.png

gfs-ens_apcpn_us_50.png

But Webb said it's got to come in at California, so that looks money! Rubb away!