• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

You would think we live in North Dakota with the way folks expect snow to happen down here.....overall in NC ( outside the mts ) your lucky to see winter weather happen 3-5 times a year and of those times it might accumulate 2-3.....its not even Jan yet and the overall pattern the next 2 weeks is one of the coldest in a while...the GFS not having a storm 5-6 days out is in no way meaningful since for one its the GFS and two models in general suck at picking up storms in the SE in this type of pattern and often doesnt get it right till inside 72 hrs....see Xmas 2010 as a prime example. 

• Like 3

In NC we waste 99.9999999999999999999999999 percent of the cold we get. For some reason most of us forgot that. 

It might have been the last 20 years of mostly dumpster fire winters we have had :fulltilt:. We forgot we could even get cold and stay cold for a week:wacko: I remember the 1989 cold outbreak. We didn't get a single flake. :fulltilt:

4 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Haha sounds awesome.  At least it should feel like winter.

Mr. Rain, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your services to me and the rest of the SE in saving us from the scourge of potential snow.  Your genius was in seeing that the cold stormy signal was too strong to deflect with your snow shields.  So you reversed tachyon polarity and caused the cold HP to blow up so much that it suppressed all the moisture to the south.

Bravo.

Dilly Dilly

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Mr. Rain, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your services to me and the rest of the SE in saving us from the scourge of potential snow.  Your genius was in seeing that the cold stormy signal was too strong to deflect with your snow shields.  So you reversed tachyon polarity and caused the cold HP to blow up so much that it suppressed all the moisture to the south.

Bravo.

Dilly Dilly

+1 Well done and glad to help!  I’m trying to keep all the non-threats outside of five days.  I just hate to see how disappointed everyone gets when it looks like it’s going to snow within 24-48 hours and it doesn’t.

3 minutes ago, Snovary said:

More preemergent talk, it pleases me, although I feel like there needs to be some new warm weather banter, frolf is good, maybe Mack could talk tan lines, that would make for good entertainment in the main threads

Oh there's no pre-emergent talk that's for sure, but no snow talk either.  Just plane ole cold

Hey I'm still a CR camp believer.  We need cold in these parts folks.  Heck, the moisture is just down there waiting. It wants to come here.  It's aching to come here.  We just have this rare set up with the HPs.  It's going to break.  I promise you.  Just need to have a storm develop in time to catch the cold.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

+1 Well done and glad to help!  I’m trying to keep all the non-threats outside of five days.  I just hate to see how disappointed everyone gets when it looks like it’s going to snow within 24-48 hours and it doesn’t.

Even Bricks losing optimism, this is great! All the whining and crying!

• Haha 1