Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

11 hours ago, Waiting on snow said:

No sir, Columbia SC has that honor. Hadn't seen accumulation snow since Feb. 2014 and every time it's just 50 short miles to the northwest.

I was just looking at that, 2.1 inches on the 12th, will soon be 4 years. That's hard to believe even for CAE. It either has to be a perfect or a freaky setup for you guys. You also got 2.1 that January so 4.2 that year, but that is it going back to Dec 2012 ; 5 years. So an average of .84 per year :(

For comparison, GSP has only had 20.6 during that time frame, or just 4.12 per year, so we're not knocking it out of the park either. Been a rough go in the state for sure.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

I was just looking at that, 2.1 inches on the 12th, will soon be 4 years. That's hard to believe even for CAE. It either has to be a perfect or a freaky setup for you guys. You also got 2.1 that January so 4.2 that year, but that is it going back to Dec 2012 ; 5 years. So an average of .84 per year :(

It really does have to be a perfect set up.  You need a parent high in the northeast and the storm a good ways off the coast for anything.  Columbia only has one wind direction that can bring in cooler air and that is northeast.  North and northwest are downsloping winds.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2017 at 0:29 AM, J.C. said:

It really does have to be a perfect set up.  You need a parent high in the northeast and the storm a good ways off the coast for anything.  Columbia only has one wind direction that can bring in cooler air and that is northeast.  North and northwest are downsloping winds.

the last decent dump Orangeburg got was in February 2009 (8.5 inches, got an inch an hour off that storm). I did get lucky and managed to see a few flurries as this last system cleared out... but it sucks living in this part of the state because we basically need a digging cold front plus a clipper low moving up from the Gulf to have any significant accumulation.

2 minutes ago, Orangeburgwx said:

the last decent dump Orangeburg got was in February 2009 (8.5 inches, got an inch an hour off that storm). I did get lucky and managed to see a few flurries as this last system cleared out... but it sucks living in this part of the state because we basically need a digging cold front plus a clipper low moving up from the Gulf to have any significant accumulation.

Are you referring to the March 2009 storm ? I didn't know there was one in Feb 2009 also.

Weather is stupid! I hope Brick and Cold Rain enjoyed their mood flakes , cause that's all your going to see! It's torch city from here on out!! JB finally caved and saying warm SE now, after trying to fight it and keep his cold south and more southern snow train rolling, but it's now off the rails and crashed and burned and exploded with the tanker of gas it was carrying and started dumpster fires on the way!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, we can like posts and give other positive reactions now too. When can we get a "thumbs down" option? There are some posts that are really cluttering up the storm thread lately. I don't like using the ignore feature, but I may have to bust it out again soon.

Bah humbug.

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, calculus1 said:

So, we can like posts and give other positive reactions now too. When can we get a "thumbs down" option? emoji48.png There are some posts that are really cluttering up the storm thread lately. I don't like using the ignore feature, but I may have to bust it out again soon.

Bah humbug. emoji16.png

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

I feel your pain    :(         

• Like 1