• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12

Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

8 minutes ago, LithiaWx said:

Not even kidding I have a forest Gump style snapper mower.  Bought it in 1999 new and it still runs great.  

Man that's a classic (the movie and the mower), they'll run forever. 

1 minute ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Man that's a classic (the movie and the mower), they'll run forever. 

That's what I thought too. I bought one and it only lasted four years. It was a cutting monster while it lasted.  I got my current Deere in 04.

• Like 1

After spending five years in VT it is just painful being back in NC. I will never forget this 30 incher I witnessed up there:

Ides1.jpg

Ides2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, wncsnow said:

The ski resorts have been taking a beating the past 4 or 5 years especially.

I don't know how they stay in business down here to be honest.

This year and the past two have been tough, mostly because we have been setting rainfall records.  If it's clear here its usually cold enough to blow snow at night. 

With all the rain that has been abundant I'm surprised there are people on this board who get excited about rain.

9 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

This year and the past two have been tough, mostly because we have been setting rainfall records.  If it's clear here its usually cold enough to blow snow at night. 

With all the rain that has been abundant I'm surprised there are people on this board who get excited about rain.

It also hurts that the last decade or so has seen some of the lowest northwest flow-snow totals in the past 100 years. 

4 minutes ago, griteater said:

What brought you back?  An offer you couldn’t refuse?

Not jobwise but romance wise yes. There is no way she would like it there either.

• Like 2

It’s wild how imby it seems like it’s rained every week (twice a week most times), for the past year with multiple hydro events and yet the one week we get substantial cold is when we get a break from the moisture. Awesome. 

1 hour ago, Tar Heel Snow said:

This is just...sad. I figured I’d at least get a flake this year. Crazy things can happen but, oof.

It's not over yet. We've been lucky and have had at least one good storm the last few years. Not looking good right now but we still have time for things to change. Maybe mid February into the first week of March we'll get that storm.   

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FallsLake said:

It's not over yet. We've been lucky and have had at least one good storm the last few years. Not looking good right now but we still have time for things to change. Maybe mid February into the first week of March we'll get that storm.   

For sure! You never know. Just discouraging, but we can stay hopeful!

43 minutes ago, Tar Heel Snow said:

For sure! You never know. Just discouraging, but we can stay hopeful!

And as a South Carolina fan I can tell you that hope really has a tremendous effect on reality! :lmao:... :cry:

• Haha 1

some people live their lives trying to stay aware of the weather but NOT letting something they have zero control over(weather) dictate their mental approach to life daily......my outlook on life remains the same no matter what the weather happens to do or not do.