Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thumper the Dumper obs/pics 12/16 to 12/18/16

Ginx snewx

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

what is your flake size?

i'm asking because we here in the deep interior are choking on chalk dust right now...  2 and change and counting nonetheless, but it's very indicative of a cold ass column aloft.  i'm wondering if closer to the coast there is more stick and cling with these pieces ... i'm guessing yes -

Is that what you call it?

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RIcoastalWX said:

28/24

Quick transition from moderate snow to some sleet and mostly freezing rain.  

From the first sign of sleet to what we have now took less than 5 minutes.

3" of snow total. 

you might actually flip back and forth a couple times before finally committing ...

if the p-type algorithms are any guide (and they are usually good to within 80 to 90% of truth) that transition zone is presently slammed up against the shore and is wavering.  Also, there is clear indication for an interval of pretty heavy fall rates about to sweep through...  Granted this is a waa snow in a purer form so in theory the growth region should be collapsing in time, but there could still be some big humdinger golf ball aggregates near the true transition as that heavier stuff comes through. 

These things can be hinky like this... you could go squarely to freezing rain... then, at like 34 when that's ended, a brief period of pingers kicks in then it rains... Ur like, what -

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

what is your flake size?

i'm asking because we here in the deep interior are choking on chalk dust right now...  2 and change and counting nonetheless, but it's very indicative of a cold ass column aloft.  i'm wondering if closer to the coast there is more stick and cling with these pieces ... i'm guessing yes -

While not quite as close to the coast as nianticct, I am only 100 yards from the East Lyme border and we definitely have large aggregates falling for the past hour or so...easily 1"+ per hour stuff.

Using radar and obs both here and official... all combined, if this doesn't change soon we're definitely going to breach the Warning level for snow here along Rt 2. 

It's now beneath 1/2 mi here over the last 20 minutes, and we are just under 3" ...which means we gained an inch in the last hour, and, again ..the heaviest returns on radar are yet to sweep through.  This should get us 7" here I would think.

Been wrong before, but we'll see -...

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Look at brake dust on those rims. Brutal

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

lol. smh. Farm country don't care for their vehicles like we do.

LOL.  90% of it's use is for moving wood around and for the weekly trip to the dump.  It does okay for it's 12 years.

Archived