Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I appreciate that. It all depends on what kind of shakeup the members want to have when they return. It was tough for a lot of people this morning but we got up, came in to do our jobs, and found some comfort with friends on the other side of the aisle. I did at least.

These kind of extinction level events happen on both sides. It was just our turn to get struck by a meteor lol.

This is the one downfall of a 'change' I don't care about, folks down the line just trying to do the best they can tossed out the door. Hope all turns out well for you.

6 hours ago, MiddleRvrwx said:

That depends on your definition of what makes up a world.

Not to get all "political round table" here, but I sure felt like I woke up in an alternate universe.  And cannot escape.

On a brighter note!  Nice fall colors finally in the past week or so, it was great to get some photos.  Still a surprising amount of green though, even as we approach mid-November.  Awaiting more consistent cold nights, been a very warm fall thus far.

On 11/8/2016 at 4:48 PM, smokeybandit said:

I got in line about 6:20, and had 40 or so people in front of me.

The line was several hundred people long when I left, but apparently has been pretty quiet once the morning rush cleared.

What really sucks is that now trump is president ... the chance of earthquakes will go up significantly...  cause I am sure trump will support more oil drilling.  

4 hours ago, mappy said:

I need some exciting weather to track. Depressed AF....

I could not agree more and came here specifically to say just that, but you stole my thought.  The last time there was any excitement out there was the 10 days before the hurricane when the maps showed the 1 percent probability of a Mid-Atlantic hit.  Before that it was the blizzard last year because severe season sucked too.  Except for that Ellicott City thing of course.    

I've been busy brewing two different beers this weekend. I did the pumpkin ale again with the intention of adding some bourbon soaked oak chips for the last four or five days before kegging. And today, we are working on an oyster stout. Good times in perfect weather. 

Also, it's nice to see some model possibility of a move towards winter in a couple of weeks. I know that the fall has been too warm for some tastes, but I'd rather it be mild right up to snow season rather than "waste" below normal temps before turkey day.

The officials in Landover seem like they don't know what pass interference is.  I learned NFL rules solely by watching since the Mark Brunell era.  Some games they call everything while other games like today big penalties are ignored.  They have become so biassed! 

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Ouch.

I missed out watching a few of the stars, but since 2005 we've had Brunell, Campbell, McNabb, Grossman, Griffin, and Cousins.  The decade before that was Ferotte, Green, Johnson, Banks, and Ramsey not counting the split starts. lol

Wiki was the best I could do. MLB stats are so much easier to research! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Washington_Redskins_starting_quarterbacks

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I might be a Cowboys fan after today's FF performance. 38 from Zeke!

Yeah.... I played against him.

Being a Cowboys fan, I found that game wayyy to stressful.  However, if I can disassociate my rabid fandom, I might say that was one of the best games I've ever seen.  That was nothing short of thrilling, though interesting as I felt the nut-kicking of a final 9 point play against me in real-time as I screamed in excitement as Elliot streaked for the (final) winning score.  

As a lifetime skins fan beginning in the Kilmer era, Cousins without question has the most potential as a long term franchise guy since Theismann. 

He seems to have all the attributes to be a career winner. Accuracy, brains, mobility when needed, and hopefully durability. I'll be a very happy fan if/when Cousins signs the big contract after this season. 

8 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

As a lifetime skins fan beginning in the Kilmer era, Cousins without question has the most potential as a long term franchise guy since Theismann. 

He seems to have all the attributes to be a career winner. Accuracy, brains, mobility when needed, and hopefully durability. I'll be a very happy fan if/when Cousins signs the big contract after this season. 

Talk radio keeps saying they shouldn't sign him.  Or at least they keep the drama going by saying the Skins don't want to sign him.  He needs to be locked up now.  When you look at the QB play across the league Cousins right now is top 10.

I spent the weekend down for the count with a stomach bug. Wife had it, too. Our nearly four-year-old-daughter ate plenty of grilled cheese and cereal and was all the happier for it. :lol: I didn't eat for nearly 36 hours - last night's homemade chicken soup with rice was flippin' phenomenal!

I was supposed to brew a beer this weekend, but just the thought of beer is still making my stomach turn...

2 hours ago, H2O said:

Talk radio keeps saying they shouldn't sign him.  Or at least they keep the drama going by saying the Skins don't want to sign him.  He needs to be locked up now.  When you look at the QB play across the league Cousins right now is top 10.

Shouldn't sign him huh? LOL. Talk radio is full of dumbcasters. Yea, we've been strong in the in the franchise QB department for the last 20-30 years. Especially draft pics. Might be a good idea to hold out and look for someone else because good QB's are a dime a dozen nowadays. 

I expect nothing less than a 6 year deal. Hopefully 8. 

If anyone deserves kudos from the Skins yesterday, it is the fill-in LT.  I know it was a quick passing attack, but Cousins was kept upright and that is a big deal.  My Vikes are just in free-fall.  Worst rushing offense in the NFL in decades.  The OL is in shambles and Bradford is not the QB you want behind a swiss cheese line.  I think it is now affecting the defense, just from the perspective of having to be counted on to win games over and over.  The play where our two LBs collided, missed the pick, and got hurt was just completely emblematic of the season.

3 hours ago, mattie g said:

I spent the weekend down for the count with a stomach bug. Wife had it, too. Our nearly four-year-old-daughter ate plenty of grilled cheese and cereal and was all the happier for it. :lol: I didn't eat for nearly 36 hours - last night's homemade chicken soup with rice was flippin' phenomenal!

I was supposed to brew a beer this weekend, but just the thought of beer is still making my stomach turn...

Yuck!  Sorry to hear that you're down for the count.  Hope that you're feeling better soon.

3 hours ago, mattie g said:

man, that's the worst. but thankfully you all didn't have it. feel better buddy. 

3 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Shouldn't sign him huh? LOL. Talk radio is full of dumbcasters. Yea, we've been strong in the in the franchise QB department for the last 20-30 years. Especially draft pics. Might be a good idea to hold out and look for someone else because good QB's are a dime a dozen nowadays. 

I expect nothing less than a 6 year deal. Hopefully 8. 

I agree they need to sign him but 8 years is too long and even at 6 years he is going to want 130 million. It is steep but they have no choice. Unless you hit the lottery and get Carson Wentz it is so difficult to find a franchise QB these days,

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived