Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, pazzo83 said:

This winter in a nutshell.

"OH man, it's SNOWIN.. wait why is the sun coming out already?"

I'm hoping this isn't a dud... last year i drove out to the cape, same deal 2+ feet expected, last min shift west had me pouring rain all day in chattham while about 20 miles inland got 2+ feet, I was pissed... I feel good about this one though 

CFS' Opinion on the next 30 days:

JAN. into FEB.

6-10    BN

11-19  AN

20-21   N+

22-26   AN

27-05   BN

So savor this cold/snowy period.   A similar one may be a full 3-weeks away.   Looks like the average (for the last 22 months) number of below normal days for a 30 day stint of weather around here of 8-10 is maintained.    I make no comment on the verification  probability of these LR outputs, but it is not suspect since the motif of AN is maintained and unless someone has evidence of a beneficial SSWE going on, I have to accept it and hope it is WRONG.

27 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Billy enjoy !

Any idea on the timing tomorrow ? start time around 10 am or later ,I am in Rockland County

You should ask this in the Wave 2 Forum.    This is for banter and pure speculations.    But for Rockland County I would say  7AM flurries start and moderate snow from 9AM into early Sat. nite.

17 hours ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I'm hoping this isn't a dud... last year i drove out to the cape, same deal 2+ feet expected, last min shift west had me pouring rain all day in chattham while about 20 miles inland got 2+ feet, I was pissed... I feel good about this one though 

So do you have to clear the snow at the inlaws or they have a contractor do it?  You look locked in up there, hopefully this storm doesn't shift east too much for our LI friends, best of luck to you all, enjoy!

3 minutes ago, Animal said:

Sorta glad the gfs had the right idea with this coastal storm. Verified proof that I will not have to use a broom to clear my deck for grilling this afternoon. Cooking up some hotdogs and maybe a super weenie.

I swear that grilled food tastes better in winter than in the summer. Delicious. 

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

So do you have to clear the snow at the inlaws or they have a contractor do it?  You look locked in up there, hopefully this storm doesn't shift east too much for our LI friends, best of luck to you all, enjoy!

Nah they have someone come... it's literally just sit here, feet up, by the fire, and enjoy being snowed in 

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived