Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

2 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

I'm pretty impartial for this game.  I wouldn't mind seeing NY win, but Green Bay at Lambeau  is very hard, especially in the cold.

You do remember the Giants beat them at Lambeau on their way to their last 2 Super Bowls, right?

I was there.  It was cold but the people are incredibly nice.  It was by far the most pleasant experience I've ever had for a road game in any sport (minus the brutal weather).

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Rjay said:

You do remember the Giants beat them at Lambeau on their way to their last 2 Super Bowls, right?

I was there.  It was cold but the people are incredibly nice.  It was by far the most pleasant experience I've ever had for a road game in any sport (minus the brutal weather).

Yes they did, which makes me think they can do it again. 

Speaking of fields, the Metlife isn't the most Dallas friendly place...Great for High School games though

2 minutes ago, BlizzardNYC said:

Yeah agreed all depends on which Eli shows up

I'm hoping and thinking playoff Eli. I think we saw glimpses of that in the redskins game. No turnovers and had a decent throwing game. Alot of people are sleeping on the run game too. It's gotten alot better the last few weeks

20 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

Good decision. Maybe the storm trending back in our favor could be a good sign for the Giants 

I still have this hanging up from last time i went. A GB fan gave me a hug and put it around my neck after the game. I was really confused bc I've never been treated like that on the road before. Then a group of GB fans invited my friends and I to a bar after the game and we all partied the rest of the night.

(The photo won't upload so click the link).

https://postimg.org/image/f3cz6o3hv/

2 minutes ago, Rjay said:

I still have this hanging up from last time i went. A GB fan gave me a hug and put it around my neck after the game. I was really confused bc I've never been treated like that on the road before. Then a group of GB fans invited my friends and I to a bar after the game and we all partied the rest of the night.

Lmao that's awesome. Even after losing they're that nice. I would have been one hostile mfer if I lost lol

50 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Midwesterners are nice like that...it's creepy :lol:

Even with todays BN temps it appears we are well on our way to the 19th consecutive month of above normal temperatures (KNYC, LGA and JFK still 0.8-2.0 above normal as of this morning). This is unprecedented in our area, the previous record I believe was 14 consecutive month but someone might want to fact check me on that.

Here's my question and it's a simple one though I'm sure the answer is complex, other than global warming which might explain several of the months why such a relentless streak of above normal? What are the biggest factors involved? Any responses are welcome.

34 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Even with todays BN temps it appears we are well on our way to the 19th consecutive month of above normal temperatures (KNYC, LGA and JFK still 0.8-2.0 above normal as of this morning). This is unprecedented in our area, the previous record I believe was 14 consecutive month but someone might want to fact check me on that.

Here's my question and it's a simple one though I'm sure the answer is complex, other than global warming which might explain several of the months why such a relentless streak of above normal? What are the biggest factors involved? Any responses are welcome.

climate change is pretty much it

56 minutes ago, seanick said:

Yep

I don't think that would explain what will now be 19 months in a row. Even in a climate that's getting warmer there would be at least a few months in there, 2,3, even 5 months, that would come in below normal. We're taking the averages against 1981-2010 norms which are pretty high to begin with.

32 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

I don't think that would explain what will now be 19 months in a row. Even in a climate that's getting warmer there would be at least a few months in there, 2,3, even 5 months, that would come in below normal. We're taking the averages against 1981-2010 norms which are pretty high to begin with.

The warming alters the Rossby wave patterns so the warmer patterns can lock in longer.

42% of globe had their highest annual 500 mb heights on record in 2016 (1948-present). #R1 pic.twitter.com/W5vSMl70FQ

• BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived