Newest Member
    Toothache
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, pazzo83 said:

So PB, if I don't see a foot of snow in the ground by 600UTC 11 Jan 2017, you're gonna want to avoid lower Manhattan for a few weeks.

I like 6 to 12 from CNJ onto ELI between both systems . Arctic waves really favor the coastal plain .   We doing Stone street soon ? 

I like 4 to 8 KNYC for the period . 

I like to forecast / If I am wrong I will post BUST . 

1 hour ago, BxEngine said:

I may be in the minority, but i like the arguing, as long as it involves facts. Nothing wrong with holding people accountable for their posts, as long as people can try to keep it civil.

You are. There is a difference between disagreeing and grandstanding in every post. IrishRob is right. BxEngine Wrong. 

8 minutes ago, psv88 said:

You are. There is a difference between disagreeing and grandstanding in every post. IrishRob is right. BxEngine Wrong. 

You mean backing up a forecast / ideas with maps past day 5 . Because that`s when some other posters said the period was over .

The posts were it was 4 to 5 days of cold and then its a TORCH 

Are you interested in where a pattern is going ? Because the posts in that Jan  thread show this is still here through the 15th and coming back on the 20th 

That`s not grandstanding . If the guidance is showing that the cold continues should we ignore it ? 

1 minute ago, PB GFI said:

You mean backing up a forecast / ideas with maps past day 5 . Because that`s what other posters said the period was over .

The posts were it was 4 to 5 days of cold and then its a TORCH 

Are you interested in where a pattern is going ? Because the posts in that Jan  thread show this is still here through the 15th and coming back on the 20th 

That`s not grandstanding . If the guidance is showing that the cold continues should we ignore it ? 

It is grandstanding when you jump and down like a school girl. 

Maps and charts speak for themselves. You dont need to toot your own horn in every post. 

3 minutes ago, psv88 said:

What? Bump it. You must be thinking of someone else. 

Nope, you called out pb in the JAN DISCUSSION THREAD. The very definition of grandstanding is to do something for the attention of others. If you are truly concerned about the posts here and want to help to improve the place (the only assumption one can make for calling out someone for their bad posts in a discussion thread), POSTING ABOUT IT IN A WEATHER THREAD is probably the wrong way to go about it. We have PMs, take it up with him in there. Otherwise, posting it for all to see is...wait for it...grandstanding. 

Just now, BxEngine said:

Nope, you called out pb on the JAN DISCUSSION THREAD. The very definition of grandstanding is to do something for the attention of others. If you are truly concerned about the posts here and want to hep to improve the place, POSTING ABOUT IT IN A WEATHER THREAD is probably the wrong way to go about it. We have PMs, take it up with him in there. Otherwise, posting it for all to see is...wait for it...grandstanding. 

Definitely not. I could care less what anyone thinks about me on this board, especially since it is being dominated by discussions over who won what forecast, lol. 

I called PB out right after Danstorm and others did as well. I did not say I AM RIGHT, LOOK AT ME. 

I called out his nonsense, just like people have on several weather boards now. 

But hey, its your board, you want the discussion go forward in this manner, by all means. 

And by your definition of grandstanding, ANY post by anyone whatsoever is grandstanding, because, wait for it, you want everyone to see it!

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

It is grandstanding when you jump and down like a school girl. 

Maps and charts speak for themselves. You dont need to toot your own horn in every post. 

Come see me when you can join the discussion . The ideas are in the Jan thread / go push back on them , show us all your skill .

2 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

Come see me when you can join the discussion . The ideas are in the Jan thread / go push back on them , show us all your skill .

I post **** all the time. I have a job and a family which takes up my time, can't spend hours upon hours re-posting maps for your pleasure. But carry on sir, i have some cars to wash. 

Anyways, out of respect to BxEngine and the other mods, i will cease this discussion. 

Carry on. I spoke my mind and wont speak it again regarding this matter. 

Just now, psv88 said:

I post **** all the time. I have a job and a family which takes up my time, can't spend hours upon hours re-posting maps for your pleasure. But carry on sir, i have some cars to wash. 

Anyways, out of respect to BxEngine and the other mods, i will cease this discussion. 

Carry on. I spoke my mind and wont speak it again regarding this matter. 

Speak it all you want here. We're all adults. Just keep it out of the damn discussion threads...especially when youre complaining about the quality of discussion. Seems kinda counterintuitive. 

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived