• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sept Banter Thread

H2O

Yeah...you probably jumped the gun a bit, but there's no harm done. We may well have something to track at some point, but until there's interesting weather, there's nothing but uninteresting, dry warmth in abundance.

Looking back on it, it's unreal that a Hermine thread got started. I suppose the length of tracking and the fact that it was once looking like we'd see some substantial impact from it meant that folks got a little too excited. But the last post in it is hilarious (and typical).

More unreal than you realize. Our discussions were in the tropical season thread.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The New England forum's 2016-2017 winter thread is hilarious. Like clockwork, it devolved into a discussion of winters past and complaints about only getting 67" of snow because someone 150 miles away got 92". Very little talk of this coming winter.

It's amazing how the same thing happens every year. And how I'm always jealous because they can reminisce about their run-of-the-mill 6-10" storms and myriad 12"+ beasts.

Bastards.

I just want to let everyone know that this weather is horrible. It's too hot...unreal for September. And it's dry. It hasn't rained significantly in what might be years. It's so dry and hot, in fact, that I'm almost certain I can hear my grass screaming out for water, but I'm at a loss for what to do to remedy its suffering. I hate where I live and hate myself even more for ever thinking it was a good idea to move here. It eats at the very fiber of my physical and spiritual being, but maybe someday I can move away from this godforsaken place to a meteorological nirvana where I am the master of winds and snows.

Just wanted to let you know.

Again.

And again.

And...once again.

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

I just want to let everyone know that this weather is horrible. It's too hot...unreal for September. And it's dry. It hasn't rained significantly in what might be years. It's so dry and hot, in fact, that I'm almost certain I can hear my grass screaming out for water, but I'm at a loss for what to do to remedy its suffering. I hate where I live and hate myself even more for ever thinking it was a good idea to move here. It eats at the very fiber of my physical and spiritual being, but maybe someday I can move away from this godforsaken place to a meteorological nirvana where I am the master of winds and snows.

Just wanted to let you know.

Again.

And again.

And...once again.

Not sure i follow.  Can you repeat what you are trying to say?

13 hours ago, mattie g said:

The New England forum's 2016-2017 winter thread is hilarious. Like clockwork, it devolved into a discussion of winters past and complaints about only getting 67" of snow because someone 150 miles away got 92". Very little talk of this coming winter.

It's amazing how the same thing happens every year. And how I'm always jealous because they can reminisce about their run-of-the-mill 6-10" storms and myriad 12"+ beasts.

Bastards.

Last winter was my first winter here after living in Boston for 4 years, culminating in a winter where we saw over 110" of snow.  Can't say I don't miss it every day, that winter may have been the greatest stretch in my life lol. 

3 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Remember that beautiful month of May?  Comfortable days, cloudy skies.  Fond memories of that month.  Fond, indeed.  Hopefully, we can repeat it next year.

And the year after.

And again the year after that.

Oh yeah, I remember it.  Cloudy, cold, rainy, miserable.

I hope we can repeat this August and September every summer.  I also hope we can go warm and snowless this winter.  I'd like to get out of school as early as possible.

Are you enjoying today?  Wow, I am.  I hope your smile is as wide as mine.  

Did that last thunderstorm hit you or did you get lucky and miss it like all the other ones?

:lol: Bring on the heat!!!

Oh yeah, I remember it.  Cloudy, cold, rainy, miserable.

I hope we can repeat this August and September every summer.  I also hope we can go warm and snowless this winter.  I'd like to get out of school as early as possible.

Are you enjoying today?  Wow, I am.  I hope your smile is as wide as mine.  

Did that last thunderstorm hit you or did you get lucky and miss it like all the other ones?

:lol: Bring on the heat!!!

So. Much. Win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived