joxey
Sept Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mattie g said:

Mmmmmm...beer.

Pretty excited that Wicked Weed is starting distribution in DC/Northern VA this week. My homebrew shop has a bottle shop, as well, and they're supposed to have stock starting tomorrow. I'm not big on paying $12.99 or $15.99 (or much, much more) on a 750ml bottle of beer, but some hard-to-find beers, especially sours and big stouts - can be worth it. I'll be in Hilton Head in a few weeks, and I have a stash of seven bottles that I'm bringing with me so I can try a new beers each afternoon - even went so far as to order some online from a place in Missouri because they carry various beers that aren't distributed here.

Local Brewery, Jailbreak, had the one-day sale of their big, aged, imperial stout yesterday.  Trying to get in on the one-off circus of Dark Lord Day and the like.   $20 for a 4-pack.  Ridiculous. 

Of course I bought one.

5 minutes ago, Scuddz said:

Local Brewery, Jailbreak, had the one-day sale of their big, aged, imperial stout yesterday.  Trying to get in on the one-off circus of Dark Lord Day and the like.   $20 for a 4-pack.  Ridiculous. 

Of course I bought one.

:lol:

Nice. One or two of those would be awesome in a snifter on a cold Christmas Eve with a nice, fat dessert in front of a raging fire.

The limited-release thing is absolute mayhem, but if the beer is pretty good, then $20 for a 4-pack isn't too bad for an imperial stout!

The beers I'm bringing with me on vacation: Avery Hogheaven, Clown Shoes Blaecorn Unidragon, Hardywood Bourbon Barrel Raspberry Stout with Vanilla, Jolly Pumpkin La Roja, Odell The Meddler, De Proefbrouwerij/Left Hand Wekken Sour, and Anchorage Anadromous. Can't wait!

Nice pics! I need to get over there and do some hiking. It's so cheap with WOW.

7 hours ago, mattie g said:

:lol:

Nice. One or two of those would be awesome in a snifter on a cold Christmas Eve with a nice, fat dessert in front of a raging fire.

The limited-release thing is absolute mayhem, but if the beer is pretty good, then $20 for a 4-pack isn't too bad for an imperial stout!

The beers I'm bringing with me on vacation: Avery Hogheaven, Clown Shoes Blaecorn Unidragon, Hardywood Bourbon Barrel Raspberry Stout with Vanilla, Jolly Pumpkin La Roja, Odell The Meddler, De Proefbrouwerij/Left Hand Wekken Sour, and Anchorage Anadromous. Can't wait!

What an impressive list. That's true love. Other than the Avery, I haven't had any of them.

13 minutes ago, mappy said:

My mom is in Hawaii and keeps sending me pics. I may have to block her. She leaves next week for a cruise to Australia and the islands down there...grumble grumble

Lol. I love Hawaii. Spent a few weeks a year there for the past 6 years because my girlfriend had family living there. But they've since moved so no more. :(

My avatar is a pic from Kauai, and it's hard to see, but the two of us are in the picture swimming near the waterfall.

4 hours ago, mattie g said:

I've tried the La Roja before, but the rest are brand new. Should be a cool experience to try one of these per day.

What homebrew do you have on tap now?

I can't get enough of our Black IPA! But it's almost done and next will be the pumpkin brew. I want that to be around through Thanksgiving, but I'm already thinking about a winter brew. How does a coffee stout sound?

Lol. I love Hawaii. Spent a few weeks a year there for the past 6 years because my girlfriend had family living there. But they've since moved so no more.

My avatar is a pic from Kauai, and it's hard to see, but the two of us are in the picture swimming near the waterfall.

She's in Maui right now, then to Honolulu Monday and the cruise leaves Tuesday. Super jealous. 12 days at sea before hitting up Fiji, Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moreea and then two days in New Zealand before ending in Sydney. Then eight days in Australia before coming home.

She's putting my dads inheritance to good use ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, mappy said:

She's in Maui right now, then to Honolulu Monday and the cruise leaves Tuesday. Super jealous. 12 days at sea before hitting up Fiji, Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moreea and then two days in New Zealand before ending in Sydney. Then eight days in Australia before coming home.

She's putting my dads inheritance to good use ;)

Sounds like an incredible trip. Good for her! If she gets a chance, she may want to drop in the Big Island to see the lava flowing into the ocean. It doesn't happen often and its flowing pretty good now. We never had the opportunity to see it flow into the ocean and had to hike a few hours to get to it, but it's pretty incredible.

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I can't get enough of our Black IPA! But it's almost done and next will be the pumpkin brew. I want that to be around through Thanksgiving, but I'm already thinking about a winter brew. How does a coffee stout sound?

Very nice!

Coffee stout? I'm not huge of coffee in beers, but if it's got enough body, then I can see it working. To each his own, though!

If I get the time, I'll be brewing an IPA with Amarillo and Citra (and a little Columbus) tomorrow. And I still need to bottle the brown ale I brewed three weeks ago!

4 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

A porter is always a good winter beer.  

Porters, browns, stouts...and the occasional IIPA. 

I'm planning an 11.5% Bourbon-Soaked Oak Russian Imperial Stout - to be brewed in February or so and aged until next winter. Might be awesome...might be utter sh*te. :lol:

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Bronco just needs time.  It's not like London the program loaded.

But......the play calling on the last four goes to the coach/coaches.

1st and goal at 10 yard line after  a long pass completion with 40 seconds left and no TO's left. You are down 3 points. You call a RUNNING play??? Then you have to burn a down to spike to stop clock then ANOTHER running play so the kicker, who is playing his FIRST EVER game, not for college, EVER, has to rush onto the field with clock running out to try and tie the game......

That is all coach/coaches sorry.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived