Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Sept Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aug. 7th

"Well, things will be done leftie style next couple months, shattered wrist in a fall. Naturally I am right handed........

Yeah, us 'old folk' have weak bones lol. First bone break I've ever had in 52 years."

So, cast came off yesterday :)

Nice to have the elbow back in action. Back to work on 19th, straight into 14 consecutive 12 hour night shifts lol. Crazy.

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I thought they'd be better, especially on defense but it's just one game. Not as bad when you see what happened to LA. Aren't the niners supposed to be worse than the Browns this season? :yikes: 

The LA vs Cleveland race for the first pick in the draft will be just brutal to watch.

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I thought they'd be better, especially on defense but it's just one game. Not as bad when you see what happened to LA. Aren't the niners supposed to be worse than the Browns this season? :yikes: 

i love the redskins -- so i can be completely critical of them and still be a fan. 

could be a number of things:

First game jitters, at home, primetime TV

Steelers aren't terrible. Ben is a pretty good QB, he made Cousins look like a JV starter

Cousins needed to move around more. He was constantly just hanging out in the pocket, even when they blitzed. dumb. 

Too many penalties -- number of them took them out of field position to score

just to name a few off the top of my head. As usual, I will still watch. 

6 minutes ago, Scuddz said:

I'm sorry, but the drive into work the day after a 'skins loss is about the greatest hour of sports radio I look forward to every season

I bet it is! Did they talk about how Seattle almost lost to Miami?? I'd be laughing at that too. 

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

Concur.  Flipping between 106.7 and 980 is the best.

Indeed.  With my team habitually sucking for most of the past 20 years, this is one of my only pleasures during the season.  With that said, I expect to take a thorough beating next Sunday and avoid those channels for the week after.

1 hour ago, H2O said:

And remember that in 1987 when the Skins won a SB they lost in week 1

*i did not write this with a straight face

My first football memory is the 4th and goal play in the NFC Championship Game in '87 where the Skins stopped the Vikes.  Good introduction to 30 years of crushing failure as a Vikings fan.

22 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

My first football memory is the 4th and goal play in the NFC Championship Game in '87 where the Skins stopped the Vikes.  Good introduction to 30 years of crushing failure as a Vikings fan.

I'm not a football fan so much any more, but I grew up in a family of Philly sports fans, and my first real football memory was being at my uncle's house with all the family men watching the Super Bowl in January 1981. Prior to that, I recall a discussion in my family about the NFC Championship game against the Cowboys and how the Cowboys were going to wear their blue (unlucky) jerseys.

The weird stuff we remember...

57 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I'm not a football fan so much any more, but I grew up in a family of Philly sports fans, and my first real football memory was being at my uncle's house with all the family men watching the Super Bowl in January 1981. Prior to that, I recall a discussion in my family about the NFC Championship game against the Cowboys and how the Cowboys were going to wear their blue (unlucky) jerseys.

The weird stuff we remember...

Clint Longley. :(

On September 14, 2016 at 8:35 AM, MN Transplant said:

Imagine what it's like when one of your first memories is of the loss to Kansas City in the Super Bowl.

Yeah.

9 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Does he have a chance of winning? I imagine the contestants skew young.

Probably not, but a top 6 finish at this show is considered exceptional.  For someone who is 52, or coming off a 13-year retirement, it would be unprecedented. It is exceedingly difficult to supplant a current Mr. Olympia.  Not many people have won the title; the king tends to stay on the mountain a long time in that sport.  But, Levrone is a genetic freak; if anyone could make a successful comeback at this point, it is he.

Actually, bodybuilding is the one sport where athletes reach their peak in their mid-30s, so it is actually skewed older than most.  Takes many years to develop the condition needed to reach that level. 

20 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Indeed. 

I like beer. Though it builds a not-so-shapely body.

Mmmmmm...beer.

Pretty excited that Wicked Weed is starting distribution in DC/Northern VA this week. My homebrew shop has a bottle shop, as well, and they're supposed to have stock starting tomorrow. I'm not big on paying $12.99 or $15.99 (or much, much more) on a 750ml bottle of beer, but some hard-to-find beers, especially sours and big stouts - can be worth it. I'll be in Hilton Head in a few weeks, and I have a stash of seven bottles that I'm bringing with me so I can try a new beers each afternoon - even went so far as to order some online from a place in Missouri because they carry various beers that aren't distributed here.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived