Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sept Banter Thread

H2O

6 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

But......the play calling on the last four goes to the coach/coaches.

1st and goal at 10 yard line after  a long pass completion with 40 seconds left and no TO's left. You are down 3 points. You call a RUNNING play??? Then you have to burn a down to spike to stop clock then ANOTHER running play so the kicker, who is playing his FIRST EVER game, not for college, EVER, has to rush onto the field with clock running out to try and tie the game......

That is all coach/coaches sorry.

I didn't see the game.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that this "soaker' we are supposed to have overnight into tomorrow is gonna turn out "bone dry" for Dale City. Rains are developing everywhere up and down I 95. Except over Dale City, where the 'Split' always seems to set up.

Additionally, i think that this monster heat ridge that is controlling our weather is going to continue on to at least October 20.

I love snow as much as the next weather hobbyist, but I am a bit concerned that this heat ridge will dominate our weather here in the Mid Atlantic straight through May 2017 at least, if not into 2018.

We are overdue for the dreaded southeast heat ridge. Its here. Its not going to go anywhere for at least 12 - 18 months.

We're going to save billions on heating costs thru Christmas.

52 minutes ago, Jebman said:

I think that this "soaker' we are supposed to have overnight into tomorrow is gonna turn out "bone dry" for Dale City. Rains are developing everywhere up and down I 95. Except over Dale City, where the 'Split' always seems to set up.

Additionally, i think that this monster heat ridge that is controlling our weather is going to continue on to at least October 20.

I love snow as much as the next weather hobbyist, but I am a bit concerned that this heat ridge will dominate our weather here in the Mid Atlantic straight through May 2017 at least, if not into 2018.

We are overdue for the dreaded southeast heat ridge. Its here. Its not going to go anywhere for at least 12 - 18 months.

We're going to save billions on heating costs thru Christmas.

Please fill in, dryslot!  My bushes and trees need free water!

On 9/18/2016 at 2:06 PM, wxdude64 said:

But......the play calling on the last four goes to the coach/coaches.

1st and goal at 10 yard line after  a long pass completion with 40 seconds left and no TO's left. You are down 3 points. You call a RUNNING play??? Then you have to burn a down to spike to stop clock then ANOTHER running play so the kicker, who is playing his FIRST EVER game, not for college, EVER, has to rush onto the field with clock running out to try and tie the game......

That is all coach/coaches sorry.

I didn't see the game, but what you're describing is that Bronco does not have confidence in his QB to not throw an INT in the red zone. A quick check says that UVA's QB is playing his 2nd game ever in CFB as a Junior and everyone that knows football knows that in that particular situation what should be coming is a pass. So the opposing defense is going to probably rush 3 or 4 and then put everyone else in coverage and make the QB make the right decision.

If Bronco didn't have that kind of confidence in his QB, he should've treated 3rd down as 4th to not rush the kicker and played for OT that way. imo.

I love my hokies but I want UVA to be good so there's actually a rivalry and UVA is feared as a spoiler for a high bowl bid.

Everyone seems to be in the winter outlook thread trying find a tiny piece of hope to hang onto for this winter. Seems a little early to be worried about that. I just want two solid months of good fall weather. Let's start with that cool down for this weekend so we can stoke the backyard fire pit.

Happy autumn, everyone.

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Everyone seems to be in the winter outlook thread trying find a tiny piece of hope to hang onto for this winter. Seems a little early to be worried about that. I just want two solid months of good fall weather. Let's start with that cool down for this weekend so we can stoke the backyard fire pit.

Happy autumn, everyone.

Screw autumn. I wish every season was winter.

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I've seen fighters fly low at home and over Capitol airspace the last two weeks. Cool, but strange.

Funny part is that these weren't particularly low.  They were seemingly full throttle though (caveat - I know nothing about this stuff).  Wonder if some yahoo flew into restricted airspace.  

41 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Funny part is that these weren't particularly low.  They were seemingly full throttle though (caveat - I know nothing about this stuff).  Wonder if some yahoo flew into restricted airspace.  

Per some guy on Twitter there was some sort of Air Force anniversary flyby.  Still surprised at how loud it was - maybe an inversion had already set up for the night.

I was in College park earlier. 4 fighters, 1 big ass 4 prop plane, a smaller 4 prop plane, and 2 cool ass single prop fighters were doing all kinds of low circles and patterns. 

The highlight was a jet fighter and prop fighter flying in tandem. I'll gladly allocate my tax dollars to watch S like that. 

I will say that I got a little nervous before I realized it was showtime. I scanned the horizon for a mushroom cloud or electromagnetic shockwave 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived