Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Aug OBS / Discuss

EastCoast NPZ

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

My high is 90 so far, so DCA isn't too out-of-whack.

Wow, it is that warm in the DC area now? I'm sitting at 66.4 with rain falling. High was 69.1 around noon before it started raining again.

EDIT-and I just looked, it is 60 up at airport in Hot Springs and 56 at Snowshoe!

28 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Wow, it is that warm in the DC area now? I'm sitting at 66.4 with rain falling. High was 69.1 around noon before it started raining again.

EDIT-and I just looked, it is 60 up at airport in Hot Springs and 56 at Snowshoe!

We are finally getting some impact of the rain down south with the clouds and now an apparent outflow boundary.  Down to 82, but dry.

16 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

We are finally getting some impact of the rain down south with the clouds and now an apparent outflow boundary.  Down to 82, but dry.

I'm working the Ellicott City recovery and that nice air just hit.  Feels good and is mixing the sewage smell out.

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

My high is 90 so far, so DCA isn't too out-of-whack.

I was only talking about ASOS obs.  Looking at PWS is fun for us weather enthusiasts, but they're really not comparable.

Looks like the high at DCA was 92.  BWI was 89, IAD was 88.  So the anomaly continues.  Just something interesting that I've noticed recently, is all.  It certainly could have a benign explanation.  But I don't think they deserve the benefit of the doubt down there -- they've done nothing to earn it.

Highs in D.C. today from all the WeatherBug stations. (ignore the highs from the METAR sites... this particular software doesn't grab the 6-hour highs)

20160808_DChighs.PNG

Multiple stations around DCA as high as 93-94.

I don't know why some people are so obsessed with comparing DCA to IAD and BWI. Last time I checked, IAD and BWI weren't right on a river and next to a huge urban sprawl.

31 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

So far the forecasts of a blow torch summer are a fail.  I guess after this weekend, it's going to be very hard to torch with the shortening days.

We did have a top-10 warmest July that was on par with 2010.  We are on pace for the summer to be the next tier down from the historic 1980 & 2010-12 summers.  Pretty damn torchy.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived