joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
All-purpose Thunderstorm Discussion Thread

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's great to live vicariously through the posts. Once a New Englander always a New Englander. Nice little event tonight for most, imagine even sedating Paul. But nothing naked worthy as we've seen the Wiz in action. Garden variety in comparison down here.
There is an X-rocket going up from the Cape around 1:30am., perfect conditions. Would be better if it wasn't for the recent NY neighbor putting up two-street lights right in the line-of-site to the E. Damn Yankees.

10 minutes ago, Nikoss427 said:

Not too much in the way of wind all things considered , but torrential rain and constant lightning & thunder with close strikes. Waiting for my tv antenna to get nailed. We lost power multiple times but it keeps coming back. My battery backups are making all kinds of noise. It's starting to let up now.

What a storm. Same here with power.

High school had a 53mph gust

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

That was awesome how everything just exploded...with 3500-4000 MLcape over the area and increasing shear...boom.  Mlvl lapse rates also steepened quite a bit 

That evolved aloft different then some models had. They had stuff on WF. That complex in NY just went nuts.

Looks like little rain here again. Guess I'm paying for winter.

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What a storm. Same here with power.

High school had a 53mph gust

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Is that an Eversource number? Their map says something else at the moment. 

Those close strikes fried my router. Must have surged through the cable line to the modem and router. All ethernet ports are fried and I don't even have acess to my LAN anymore. I guess. UPS doesn't stop everything. Time to go shopping.

Archived