joxey
All-purpose Thunderstorm Discussion Thread

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Why can't we have that.

HRRR gone wild. Seems way overdone, but LLJ does increase.  4Km NAM looked more realistic.

This complex looks like it's starting to take on a life of its own. CAMs not really handling it well at all. All sorts of deviant motion in the line too, cold pools taking over.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

6:30.. Nada

HRRR is Tor's gone wild overnight but may be over done

Stuff developing in SE NY which I think could be a good sign.  With 400 MLcape!!!! And -9 LI this atmosphere is primed to explode...just need a little trigger.  Increase in LLJ could help and I thought models showed a s/w moving close by after 7 or so

16 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

This complex looks like it's starting to take on a life of its own. CAMs not really handling it well at all. All sorts of deviant motion in the line too, cold pools taking over.

You might be onto something. I wonder if storms ride true WF (just aloft as you said) and with LLJ increase, perhaps it makes it further ESE?

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We had a legit like two hours of thunderstorms in NECT....probably the best and longest lightning/thunder/heavy rain combo of the season for me.  

CT bringing the fun weather.

Yeah I heard thunder for hours and hours and watched jealousy as I knew you were getting crushed up there. NE CT is a hot bed for wx. Good for storms and snow..You should consider moving and working at Treehouse

Just got back from vacation in PA/NJ, just in time for some fun. Drove through some crazy damage from yesterday's storms in bucks county PA near peddler's village, tons of straight line winds. Trees and big limbs down everywhere.

Looks like those who have gotten storms jabber done well.

Swampass with constant lightning downstream.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Archived