joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
All-purpose Thunderstorm Discussion Thread

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upper 80s here on the mid to outer Cape Cod today.  Dew points in the 60s I believe still.  The ocean is warming up big time with this warm weather we have been having.  Leads to explosive thunderstorm development over the waters north of Cape Cod and south of Cape Cod.  Any storms that make it here will survive given the high dew point air and high temperatures, hopefully they make it here before sunset.

24 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Looks like everything is closing in on us here in Central NH.  Huge CuB just to my north.  Eek when you watch the video you can really see the base of that storm rotate.

If I only get a trace out of this that would be impressive.

image.jpeg

The saving grace for eastern MA near the cost is higher dewpoints.  Elsewhere dews have really mixed down into the lower to near mid-50's so the degree of instability isn't as great and some of the shear alignment isn't ideal either as mentioned hit the latest MCD.  

Not saying we won't see anything across SNE but the extent may not be as widespread as up north 

that storm near the Boston/N shore was impressive watching zygote CU to tower then glaciation.  Awesome life cycle...

hey, is there something wrong with KBOS radar?  I find it hard to believe EVERY thunderstorm on there scope is 70 DBZ

Archived