Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
All-purpose Thunderstorm Discussion Thread

weatherwiz

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Here.  Was coming back from BDL and noticed lightning increase.  Got to red light off exit 43 and looked at radar and went to south main golf course

Nice......all of a sudden I noticed the Lightning perked up on Radarscope and then I started hearing the thunder and it got gusty.....said to wife "I bet the SVR this baby" and then it went SVR.....not here but like Newington and New Britain got blasted......there were some good bolts.....couple loud ones.....the thunder is my favorite

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That warned cell that went through New Britain and Newington...I can't believe how that came up.  Does anyone have a radar simulation?  When I left BDL that was nothing (I also met JJBASHB!) and I'm driving down 91S heading into Hartford and the sky went from 0 lightning to the sky spitting it within minutes.  I go onto 84 then get to exit 43 got the red light and looked at the radar and nearly took my pants off and drove the like 1/2 mile or 3/4 of a mile to the golf course and got my camera on.  

Ive never seen the sky go from nothing to constant flashes and CG's within minutes like that 

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

That warned cell that went through New Britain and Newington...I can't believe how that came up.  Does anyone have a radar simulation?  When I left BDL that was nothing (I also met JJBASHB!) and I'm driving down 91S heading into Hartford and the sky went from 0 lightning to the sky spitting it within minutes.  I go onto 84 then get to exit 43 got the red light and looked at the radar and nearly took my pants off and drove the like 1/2 mile or 3/4 of a mile to the golf course and got my camera on.  

Ive never seen the sky go from nothing to constant flashes and CG's within minutes like that 

Wiz, you'd have a perpetual woody here in FL. It's daily occurrence, drives one nuts trying to forecast the convergence and boundaries being set-up day to day. Nothing like the event tonight over SNE. Lack of shear, lapse rates and dynamics that one usually looks for. 

5 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

Wiz, you'd have a perpetual woody here in FL. It's daily occurrence, drives one nuts trying to forecast the convergence and boundaries being set-up day to day. Nothing like the event tonight over SNE. Lack of shear, lapse rates and dynamics that one usually looks for. 

Would be fun to live in FL just further daily thunderstorms 

13 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Literally watched the loop on Radarscope PRO go from meh with zero lightning to bonkers in less than 5 minutes.....was pretty impressive

11 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Quite the light show to the south of me 

Totally agree with you!!! We're both looking at the same storm. At least one burst of lightning per half second looking south from Pawtucket. I've never seen anything like it before. Certainly quite the storm if radar estimates are accurate.

...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT
FOR SOUTHERN BRISTOL...BRISTOL...EASTERN NEWPORT...KENT...
NORTHEASTERN WASHINGTON AND SOUTHEASTERN PROVIDENCE COUNTIES...

AT 1120 PM EDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WAS LOCATED OVER CRANSTON...
MOVING EAST AT 35 MPH.

HAZARD...60 MPH WIND GUSTS AND PENNY SIZE HAIL.

SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED.

IMPACT...EXPECT DAMAGE TO ROOFS...SIDING...AND TREES.
LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
PROVIDENCE...NEW BEDFORD...FALL RIVER...WARWICK...CRANSTON...EAST
PROVIDENCE...COVENTRY...DARTMOUTH...NORTH PROVIDENCE...WEST
WARWICK...
JOHNSTON...NORTH
KINGSTOWN...NEWPORT...BRISTOL...SOMERSET...PORTSMOUTH...
BARRINGTON...MIDDLETOWN...FAIRHAVEN AND NARRAGANSETT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

FOR YOUR PROTECTION MOVE TO AN INTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF A
BUILDING.

Crazy thunder, lightning, hail and wind here with that storm that moved through. This is the most lightning I've ever seen in my entire life. Just constant flashes. Enough wind to throw my patio furniture everywhere and flip my grill over, and it's not a small grill. Power is still on so I'm very thankful for that. 1.2" of rain so far today too, my lawn is very thankful for that lol. 

Archived