joxey
All-purpose Thunderstorm Discussion Thread

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Massive hailer just missed me to the N. Beautiful structure

I salute how your brain works... every post has some sort of a adjective in it to amp it up.  Massive hailer...dire drought...hottest ever...it always makes me chuckle as you are one of the more enthusiastic posters on here.  There's never just weather...there's always WEATHER!  You can tell how amped you are over this stuff.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I salute how your brain works... every post has some sort of a adjective in it to amp it up.  Massive hailer...dire drought...hottest ever...it always makes me chuckle as you are one of the more enthusiastic posters on here.  There's never just weather...there's always WEATHER!  You can tell how amped you are over this stuff.

Sounds like BOX is having radar problems with it being too "hot"..so they are apparently just warning showers

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Yeah it's 10 dBZ hot, but they're doing the math and using ENX and GYX as a sanity check I think.

I see that for the eastern ma cell and the one out west, but I saw a warning go up for NE CT which was a head scratcher. They can use TDwR now for eastern areas.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I see that for the eastern ma cell and the one out west, but I saw a warning go up for NE CT which was a head scratcher. They can use TDwR now for eastern areas.

I mean they did get verification for the western MA stuff, so I guess they thought everybody gets a warning.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Sounds like BOX is having radar problems with it being too "hot"..so they are apparently just warning showers

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Yeah it's 10 dBZ hot, but they're doing the math and using ENX and GYX as a sanity check I think.

What causes that?  I've never heard of the radar being too hot.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What causes that?  I've never heard of the radar being too hot.

Malfunction. They had maintenance issues earlier in the day, but didn't think it would affect ops. Sometimes it's as simple as an air temperature alarm in the dome.

Archived