• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2016 General Discussion

Hoosier

00z GFS and GGEM at least say don't be so sure about that.

It may not be the hottest July ever, but I predict with confidence this be the hottest July we've seen since 2010-2012.

Yeah I didn't eve call this the hottest month even, I am kinda thinking it would overlap the back half of July and the front half of August. I was probably biting hard on the early warm up but it will kick the can down further, not go away. Nevertheless it does still look like several days above normal for the first half of the month just not the blazing heat originally shown.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is it... the heart of summer! Americas birthday!

weather bas been perfect the last 5 days or so.  lows in the 40's and highs in the 60's and low 70s with dry air in place.  should be a bit warmer today with mid 70's, and even warmer into the week ahead.  went to the ridge peak in the back of my property last night and watched some fireworks in the distance at Big Bay. I'm certain life does not get any better than this! 

enjoy and be safe :)

I just took a vacation to northern/central OH. I am currently at DTW waiting for a plane. The temp never got above 77 while I was there, with lower dew points and only 0.16" of rain. That is really weird. Weather has been partly sunny here at Detroit, now with some sort of altocumulus-ish cloud deck. Things are dry in Toledo and the corn is not very healthy.

Some serious bonus best summer climo weather the last week..  Guess we pay the piper and get some of that nasty southern junk for the rest of the work week.. O well its summer and we thank the best climo gods for all the perfect weather we've had this summer so far - and summer is almost already half way over with anyways so we'll deal with this useless high dews and in return hopefully gets some rain chances out of it.

Happy Independence Day.

Perfect holiday weather yesterday... Topped out at 78. Spent the day on an isolated lake, just me, a fishing pole, a 6 of dirty bastard and a couple of loons. Never saw another person. My kind of day!
Warmer and more humid today with rain chances increasing before it cools back down. Hope everyone had a great 4th!

Miserable holiday weekend weather here in CMH. Friday was the best day (good for the city of Columbus' fireworks) with 81/64 and plenty of sun. But Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, it was overcast all 3 days with on/off light rain. 74/56 Saturday, 73/62 Sunday, and 72/62 yesterday. Went canoeing Sunday down the Hocking River and it would have only been worse if it was a downpour the whole time. And now we go into the week with a hot/humid pattern. :axe:

Perfect holiday weather yesterday... Topped out at 78. Spent the day on an isolated lake, just me, a fishing pole, a 6 of dirty bastard and a couple of loons. Never saw another person. My kind of day!

Warmer and more humid today with rain chances increasing before it cools back down. Hope everyone had a great 4th!

Damn, that looks pretty peaceful to be sure.  Although, after a sixer I'd probably be calling back at those loons lol.

Dews have definitely made a noticeable jump upward this morning.  Feels pretty sticky out there with these 70 degree dews.  Clouds have kept temps from getting too warm up to this point.

Damn, that looks pretty peaceful to be sure. Although, after a sixer I'd probably be calling back at those loons lol.

Dews have definitely made a noticeable jump upward this morning.  Feels pretty sticky out there with these 70 degree dews.  Clouds have kept temps from getting too warm up to this point.

haha :D that's awesome!

warm and humid... I can feel the energy in the air.

Great vid Bo. I bet you can catch some nice fish in that lake. Nothing beats fresh fish tacos!

If DTW can manage to achieve 90*F+ today and tomorrow, this will be Detroit's first official heatwave since July 2013.

Welp, today makes 2 in a row. Lets see if we can get a streak going tomorrow. Officially 92 so far unless an intra-hour bump happened.

Our seventh day above 90 on the year as well.

Archived