joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Summer 2016

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch.  Mt Washington 945am   25F 72mph gusting to 83mph.  Cam shows snow on the obs deck.  This is the kind of day that hikers can get into big trouble up above treeline.

That is for sure! It was much calmer last week when I went up to Sterling Pond. I finally got around to this video:

I moved to Bretton Woods in April and in the winter I will love this... but in mid-June, it's pretty painful to be receiving BUCKETS of wind-driven sheet rain while the other side of the notch it's bright sunshine! Non-stop rain here, it slowed down for a while but it's coming down hard again now! It'll be great to see the mountains when it finally clears up. My thermo says 42F, mesonet says 37 but I think that's about 500 feet higher than I am

This is straight out of fall. CAA gusts.

We nearly have a NWly gale on the waters. In June.

Sebago marine patrol reported 3-4 rollers at the southern end of the lake.

Mansfield gusting to 80mph now and we had a 59mph gust in the base area coming out of the Notch.

Dead trees and stuff coming down. This is cleaning out the widowmakers.

post-352-0-42632900-1465488409_thumb.jpe

Pittsburg was 42. Could've been so much better.  :shiver:

Gotchya. I was using the sites on mesowest. The Pittsburg CWOP was 39F at midnight and they're up to 40F this afternoon. Ditto Lake Francis and Diamond Pond.

Looking at the daily record low maximums for First Lake and it looks like this will be up there with the monthly record of 43F.

Gotchya. I was using the sites on mesowest. The Pittsburg CWOP was 39F at midnight and they're up to 40F this afternoon. Ditto Lake Francis and Diamond Pond.

Looking at the daily record low maximums for First Lake and it looks like this will be up there with the monthly record of 43F.

I was just peeking at First Conn too.

Man did it rain hard this morning... 0.56" at the base of the ski resort since midnight.

Upslope event total was around 0.75" since 8pm last night and 1.5" in the last 48 hours.

Compared with 0.24" in town. That's one of those big powder days in the winter with 12+ on the hill while its 3-6" in town.

Snowmaking system showing wet bulbs of 32F all morning down to 3,200ft.

powderfreak, on 09 Jun 2016 - 2:01 PM, said:

Looks like MVL at 750ft has struggled to 48F so far for a high...man it's chilly.

Straight CAA and not Maritime or east flow mank but true deep cold.

Coles Pond, VT sitting at 39F currently.

Impressive also with the sun angle nearly as high as possible.

Man did it rain hard this morning... 0.56" at the base of the ski resort since midnight.

Upslope event total was around 0.75" since 8pm last night and 1.5" in the last 48 hours.

Compared with 0.24" in town. That's one of those big powder days in the winter with 12+ on the hill while its 3-6" in town.

Snowmaking system showing wet bulbs of 32F all morning down to 3,200ft.

We could have used this 5 months ago :)

Interesting view of Mount Washington, with Wildcat in the clear and what looks like a lower cloud level on Mount Washington:

ravines-med_zpsbingsfm0.jpg

Amazing. This is what it looks like from my house. It's gotten brighter but still drizzly and the cloud deck is very low. We got a LOT of rain today but I haven't set up a rain gauge yet

post-1183-0-63392800-1465502560_thumb.jp

Mansfield gusting to 80mph now and we had a 59mph gust in the base area coming out of the Notch.

Dead trees and stuff coming down. This is cleaning out the widowmakers.

And weakened trees that can no longer fight the wind once their "sails" are fully unfurled.   First big wind after full leaf-out always takes down a few.

I was distracted with working on the hot tub heater and was blissfully unaware the wind today was doing far worse damage than the hail.

Can't recover when things just snap cleanly at the base. Things were off to such a strong start and now everything looks like sh*t.

Major depression.

pics?

I was distracted with working on the hot tub heater and was blissfully unaware the wind today was doing far worse damage than the hail.

Can't recover when things just snap cleanly at the base. Things were off to such a strong start and now everything looks like sh*t.

Major depression.

New screen name Damage in Laconia?

Archived