joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Summer 2016

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm almost an inch below Franklin Falls...I guess it's possible, but it seems extreme for something not hugely convective yet. Either way it'll still end up a decent drink.

Yeah, that's definitely not in line with surrounding obs, but I think relatively the best rainfall will end up to your N and E.

1.5-1.8" here so far going by nearby PWS.  The Stratus is overflowing so all I know is its 1.0"+.

…some will be 2-3" when this is done.

Our Stratus had long ago overflowed as well, so I decided to finally check it and save myself a bit of time in the morning.  Total as of 8:00 P.M. was 2.06”, but rainfall is more in the light to moderate range now, so I’m not sure how much more will be added.

Our Stratus had long ago overflowed as well, so I decided to finally check it and save myself a bit of time in the morning.  Total as of 8:00 P.M. was 2.06”, but rainfall is more in the light to moderate range now, so I’m not sure how much more will be added.

Nice! Yeah it looks like it's tapered off enough that I decided to empty it too...

1.91" was the tally and I'm not sure we get much of anything overnight.

Some higher nearby PWS stations include Barrows Rd in Stowe (near the High School) with 2.16".

Kneeland Flats in Waterbury/Waterbury Center area with 2.17".

And I have no idea why this photo is sideways.  Doesn't look that way when I view it haha.

post-352-0-65228700-1465175175_thumb.jpg

And yeah, it was bird poop in the cone hole. (Made sure ios didn't replace cone with corn there ;) )

It brought the tipper up to 0.85" at the time, but with a 72"/hr rate I lost a lot of liquid in between the 50 tips in under a min. lol

friggin gypsy moth poop in mine and its no where near a tree.

The river out back is near the highest I've ever seen it in my 3 years living in this spot...and it is absolutely chugging along. This morning it was like shin deep and now you could drown in it.  Saw a small tree floating by with green leaves sticking out of the water. 

Have to look back but I'm not sure I've had a higher 1-day total (10 hours actually) in the past 3 years as 1.91".

The river out back is near the highest I've ever seen it in my 3 years living in this spot...and it is absolutely chugging along. This morning it was like shin deep and now you could drown in it.  Saw a small tree floating by with green leaves sticking out of the water. 

Have to look back but I'm not sure I've had a higher 1-day total (10 hours actually) in the past 3 years as 1.91".

Wow, I would have guessed you pulled that off several times per year.

Wow, I would have guessed you pulled that off several times per year.

Edited this post as I was wrong haha..

Looking at 24-hour totals in the past year from the local CoCoRAHS station shows I guess I'm wrong and it does happen a few times per year lol. I added next day totals in case they overlapped observation time.

June 9, 2015...1.86" (1.26" the next day)

June 13, 2015...1.73"

September 30, 2015...2.28" (0.43" the next day)

February 25, 2016...1.94" (0.56" the next day)

And this wasn't even that wet a year...guess my rain climo needs refreshing locally haha.

Are we still talking snowfall?

Don't even have to look at the stats to know that 1.50" QPF snow events don't happen anymore in the new climate regime, lol. That would require advecting moisture into the interior AND have cold air in place at the same time...an impossible task now.

Don't even have to look at the stats to know that 1.50" QPF snow events don't happen anymore in the new climate regime, lol. That would require advecting moisture into the interior AND have cold air in place at the same time...an impossible task now.

I was talking about 1.5" snow event. Same sentence could apply, especially when relating it to eastern MA.

Looks like I had almost a tenth more than the other cocorahs guys although I'm a little more west. Franklin Falls Dam COOP just to my WNW had 2.27".

Northfield 1 W  1.73"

Tilton Northfield 3.3 NE  1.64

Northfield 2.8 E  1.64

Pretty much ~1" around CON and closer to ~2" at LCI...North Conway with the 2.70" jack although I saw 2.90" from a CWOP site in North Sandwich.

1.43" at my place, or 10x what I'd recorded during the previous 20 days.  Kicked the Sandy well above its record low flows of the past week, though I suspect it will be back below median flow by tomorrow.  (Especially because when showers are "hit or miss", we generally get the latter.)

What a great day  75/55F with a nice breeze.  55F dew seems so refreshing now.  That soaker really took care of the tree pollen.  With more shower possibilities the next couple of days should keep the pollen low for a change.

PF,  I'm surprised how rare it is to get a 2" rainfall in 24 hours.  I have never really thought about it but would have guessed it happens a couple of times a year in any given spot but  its really more rare.   Would have guessed a day with a couple of good training thunderstorms would have done that.  Our man made pond depends entirely off runoff from my pasture.  It only came up a couple of inches which was from the direct rainfall but nothing ran down my hill, ground soil soaked up the full 1 3/4".  Great for the 15 baby apple trees that we planted around the property last year.  I was getting worried.  With this weeks shower/storm chances we are good for the rest of the month before I start my whining about lack of rainfall.

Archived