joxey
NNE Summer 2016

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Need to see some fall-like weather first :(

So true.  Maybe by week's end.  BTV sees some below normal temps coming.  A rarity.

0.33 inches here, for a two-day total of 0.58.  The Rutland, Poultney, Castleton, Fair Haven area got a good drenching, with reports between 1 and 2 inches.

12 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Big 'ole disappointment on the precip. 0.25" plus 0.15" yesterday. Forecast calling for close to 1". Why do the models keep over doing the totals? Congrats SME and CT.

Hazard of convection. We're really damned if we do, damned if we don't. Either we call for 1" and people get little to nothing, or we call for middle of the road and someone gets 3"

Hazard of convection. We're really damned if we do, damned if we don't. Either we call for 1" and people get little to nothing, or we call for middle of the road and someone gets 3"

Appreciate that but why do some of the local TV mets have wide swaths of 0.9" and make no mention of localized higher or lower amounts?

36 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Lake went up 1.09"

eek, do you have any idea how much it typically goes down on a non precip day with the type of inflows it is having with this drought.  I would guess the general .50-1.00" we had yesterday did not increase stream inflow rates at all.  

7 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

eek, do you have any idea how much it typically goes down on a non precip day with the type of inflows it is having with this drought.  I would guess the general .50-1.00" we had yesterday did not increase stream inflow rates at all.  

It's been dropping about a quarter to a third of an inch per day.

So basically the rainfall gave us a 3 or 4 day reprieve of lake drop.

Got a surprise quick .07" shower late last evening.  Woke me up with brief downpour.  Looked on radar and was just a couple of lonely showers around the lake region.

Another fantastic day  72F midday.  Notice lots of trees taking on that light green color.  Also driving around this AM there seemed to be many leaves falling off trees that are still basically green.  Even without any real wind.

2 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

So basically the rainfall gave us a 3 or 4 day reprieve of lake drop.

Got a surprise quick .07" shower late last evening.  Woke me up with brief downpour.  Looked on radar and was just a couple of lonely showers around the lake region.

Another fantastic day  72F midday.  Notice lots of trees taking on that light green color.  Also driving around this AM there seemed to be many leaves falling off trees that are still basically green.  Even without any real wind.

It's 85F (a comfortable day in August, a roaster so close to the equinox) here, and the 0.58 inches of rain over the past three days is going away. 

14 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Appreciate that but why do some of the local TV mets have wide swaths of 0.9" and make no mention of localized higher or lower amounts?

Hard to say. I know we can be guilty of it at times too, when the 80 km version of the Euro we see spits out 2-3" regionwide. Well that's great, but really it's an artifact of the low resolution trying to pick up on convection.

Archived