Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Summer 2016

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Best storm of the summer...good wind and absolutely torrential rain amid strobe lightning. It was like tropical storm conditions briefly with no visibility in swirling sheets of rain.

I would agree it was one of the best ones this summer. Backpackers might have a different opinion :) BTV held on to 80F until 3am or so. 

Low overcast but bright right now, line 30 miles west but now has stopped producing lightning in down here so its weakening.  Got the first rain   .03" after midnight so 16 day stretch would came to an end.  Hoping for 1/2" from the line,  I think that would be enough to green up the surface.  Video webcam ready.  Link to live cam  https://video.nest.com/live/CNqA9P   Later today I'll make a timelapse if anything good happens.

PS  Just heard the first distant rumble of thunder so even though my weathertap isn't showing anything there is lightning still.

15 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Low overcast but bright right now, line 30 miles west but now has stopped producing lightning in down here so its weakening.  Got the first rain   .03" after midnight so 16 day stretch would came to an end.  Hoping for 1/2" from the line,  I think that would be enough to green up the surface.  Video webcam ready.  Link to live cam  https://video.nest.com/live/CNqA9P   Later today I'll make a timelapse if anything good happens.

PS  Just heard the first distant rumble of thunder so even though my weathertap isn't showing anything there is lightning still.

radarscope seems best for lightning

image.jpeg

18 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Best storm of the season, Two strikes within  200 yds of here, Big oak was hit going to get some pics as soon as the front pushes thru

Was pretty good here as well ... thought I heard a tree snap in the woods as the gusts kicked up.  Power flickered but stayed on.  Glad to be indoors for that - lots of hiking peeps are doing the Flags on the 48 today.  Crazy windy at elevation

25 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Was pretty good here as well ... thought I heard a tree snap in the woods as the gusts kicked up.  Power flickered but stayed on.  Glad to be indoors for that - lots of hiking peeps are doing the Flags on the 48 today.  Crazy windy at elevation

My nephew saw the strike it out of my kitchen window, Said it lit up pink, purple and yellow when it hit the tree

Tree_zpslc3nwbd3.jpg

photo Tree 1_zpsnwku8m9b.jpg

Tree 2.JPG

Sad day at Shelburne Farms immediately south of BTV... a lightning strike this morning burned down the beautiful dairy barn dating to the 1800s.  

"Shelburne Farms is a nonprofit educational organization on the estate formerly owned by the Webb family. The farms campus consists of a 1,400-acre working farm, forest and National Historic Landmark, that includes historic buildings such as the Shelburne Inn."

image.jpeg

Archived