Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Summer 2016

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, alex said:

Well, it's a trace better than nothing! :) 

We've been getting so much dew here that it's almost like getting a trace every morning. I wake up to the roof dripping every day! DP is currently 65. Blah

Alex,  I got an email from NEST.  The outdoor webcam is now on sale.  Are you going to get a weather cam as we now are going into the more "interesting" weather seasons?

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Surprisingly, our back yard looks decent, but the front yard still looks bad. Looks like I am going to hold off on hydroseed/renovation until Spring. I am really tired of cutting this pos part of the lawn and looking at it for over 3 years now.

capture1.jpg

That's to bad because it looked decent at one point i think if i remember right you posting a pic of it

27 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Alex,  I got an email from NEST.  The outdoor webcam is now on sale.  Are you going to get a weather cam as we now are going into the more "interesting" weather seasons?

Most definitely! I was just talking about it with my so this morning. The decision I have to make is whether to go the easy route (Nest), and suck up the $100/year fee (I *really* want timelapse!), or go with Hikvision and IPtimelapse software... a bit harder to set up, but it will save a lot in the long term... What to do, what to do! I want it up in October though

44 minutes ago, alex said:

Most definitely! I was just talking about it with my so this morning. The decision I have to make is whether to go the easy route (Nest), and suck up the $100/year fee (I *really* want timelapse!), or go with Hikvision and IPtimelapse software... a bit harder to set up, but it will save a lot in the long term... What to do, what to do! I want it up in October though

I've said it before, but get a Sharxcam and IP View (freeware if you buy the cam) and you can timelapse with that. The Sharx cam is great, can also act as motion sensor, SD card backup, great res. They have awesome tech support too. My cams runs 24/7 with no issue on wifi.

26 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I've said it before, but get a Sharxcam and IP View (freeware if you buy the cam) and you can timelapse with that. The Sharx cam is great, can also act as motion sensor, SD card backup, great res. They have awesome tech support too. My cams runs 24/7 with no issue on wifi.

Thanks for that info, I'm looking at possibly getting some type of outdoor CAM as well. 

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Lava,  You know I have the Nest Cam but I don't like it for a weather cam.  The lens is a very wide 130 degrees.  So its great for security but not for seeing snow falling etc.  I would say the above advice is what I would go with.  Over the years of enjoyment you will get  (and all of get to view)  you'll be kicking yourself if you go with an option that might save you a few bucks.   Just so you can compare here is a link to my Nest Cam.  This is sitting inside the window on a ledge.  That's my sprinkler head right in the picture.   https://video.nest.com/live/CNqA9P

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

It's just comical.  Day number 13 no measurable.  We can easily pick up my house, yep right through the gap for like the 100th time this summer!

Untitled.jpg

It did the same here in Orwell, too.  It wasn't a great radar, but boy did it split apart once it entered Vermont.

I plan on getting more 3MP Hikvisions. I already have IPtimelapse and the cams are only a little over $100 from an official dealer. Those Sharx ones look nice too...I think they're a couple hundred though?

the Stardots are nice, but way overpriced compared to what you can get today. Even their insane black friday deals are pricey. It's like they think they're the Vaisala of cameras.

I plan on getting more 3MP Hikvisions. I already have IPtimelapse and the cams are only a little over $100 from an official dealer. Those Sharx ones look nice too...I think they're a couple hundred though?

the Stardots are nice, but way overpriced compared to what you can get today. Even their insane black friday deals are pricey. It's like they think they're the Vaisala of cameras.

I paid 299 for sharx cam.

Archived