EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Met Summer/Early Fall 16 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are lots of low growing plants that don't need as much water and fertilizer. and take your kids to a playground

There is no point in living in the suburbs if i need to take my daughter to a playground...thats why i have a yard, so i can open the backdoor and let her play on her own. Who wants to be around other peoples kids?

there are lots of low growing plants that don't need as much water and fertilizer. and take your kids to a playground

It doesn't take as much fertilizer as many think, and others use, to have a decent lawn.  I get your point though and I'm kinda stuck in the middle on this one.  While I see it as wasteful and harmful to fertilize and water the hell out of a yard, I do enjoy a green healthy lawn.   

My yard is too big to cover with sprinklers but I do focus a bit on the section we use the most and will water there leading up to when I have a gathering.  Otherwise screw it, the grass isn't going to die, unless its new from seed, it just goes dormant and it saves me mowing time which typically takes me about two hours.  

Yup, drought conditions are a blessing in that respect. It takes me about 3 hours to do my yard, even with a 60" zero-turn riding mower. Haven't had to do it in a couple weeks now.

Yup, drought conditions are a blessing in that respect. It takes me about 3 hours to do my yard, even with a 60" zero-turn riding mower. Haven't had to do it in a couple weeks now.

I did part of mine yesterday to even out the areas that are still growing a bit with the dormant sections, it had been two weeks for me since the last mowing.

Forkyfork is craving a derecho so bad right now. 1000-500mb 585 thicknes height; 592 ridge at 500; and a 97 over 78. Enjoying SB Cape of 3550 and -11 LI, with a SPC moderate risk. Don't you wish this was happening right now, well not this year. The Capeless and dewless summer continues. The Derecho eventually showing up for the July 4 weekend will hit Atlanta...........

Atleast the mosquitos are taking it up the in this dry period.

Not bear the water I got mauled by them a couple days ago. Went to high hill beach (used to be a town east of jones beach before Robert Moses had the whole town moved and inlet filled) to get cement for our life gaurs swim buoy. I'm talking straight out of the tundra bad. I must have gotten bit 100 times in 5 minutes. They were inches a part covering every peice of skin

That was a beautiful summer

it was remarkable that NYC had the coldest June and July in over 100 years in such a record warm summer period since 2005. Really wild extreme to have 2009 followed by the warmest summer on record the very next year.

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived